AA Insurance - good buggers.

Page 1 / 2
cantab1971, Sep 1, 8:23pm
always like to give "big ups" when they're due (is that what the young-ins are saying these days!)I scraped the side of my poor beamer yesterday at the school pick-up. 3pm. The AA insurance call centre answeed phone almost straight away, processed claim and by 8am this morning the car was assesed (yep, 7:30am appointment!) and now i'm in their loan car while its being fixed :) can't argue with any of that.very efficient outfit.Over and out.

elect70, Sep 2, 1:27am
I had similar withclassic covertook it to panelbeaterhe emailed photos to claims got ok , left car there ,& fixed 5 days later .Way it should be

crzyhrse, Sep 2, 1:29am
Warms the cockles of your heart! I'm just so glad I'm not subsidising your poor driving.

ceedoubleyou, Sep 2, 3:03am
Yep, AA Insurance here too, car crashes into back of my car, 8:45am, I was sitting at my desk at work 10:45am same morning with a courtesy car in my car park, all very efficient.

lookoutas, Sep 2, 5:49am
I am!

It's good that some are happy, they need it.
AA demand a $1500 annual levy to become an accredited repairer. We don't/won't/will never pay them when all other companies carry out personal assessment visits, and give accreditation where due. (at no cost)

So - if a customer rings AA and asks them where they should take their car, we are not recommended as accredited, If they demand we repair it, then all's good.
Just had a case where the job was OK'd, the parts ordered & arrived, when the customer changed their mind due to the negative feed. Now the parts have been returned, and someone will be paying 2 x freight.

Next funny thing - under mutual agreement, none of the other Panelbeaters in town pay-up either, so the innocent person on the end of the phone at the AA call centre, looks at a map and tells the customers are told to take their cars 100K away.

ceedoubleyou, Sep 2, 6:19am
AA recommended a repairer, but I asked to take it my repairer, no problems.

lookoutas, Sep 2, 6:44am
They know better than to buck if you specify.
So your repairer don't pay the dollars either!

Someone could arrive in this country - fix a couple of cars and become an expert after a year or so with no training - pay the 1500 and get recommended by AA. (It happens)
I got my first apprenticeship pay on the dollars & cents changeover - You want an Insurance Co to recommend me to fix your car or them!

marcos1, Sep 2, 7:28am
$1500.00.I haven't heard of that before.

lookoutas, Sep 2, 8:00am
You city slickers must have bigger clout.
I tell ya - it's real.

marcos1, Sep 2, 8:24am
And a better hourly rate.

lookoutas, Sep 2, 9:46pm
We know that too - and your mates around the corner get $90

weaver2010, Sep 3, 1:14am
All these good drivers who provide work to the panel beaters will be wondering why their premiums have gone up next renewal.Most wont be able to work out that the claim they made contributes to a higher premium either if they have protected NCD.

aj373, Sep 5, 2:25am
Swift and efficient service ??

sr2, Sep 5, 4:27am
Can you shed any light on why many of the major collision repair shops refuse to take on any AA repair work. Could you also confirm that it is an Australian company that is associated with the NZ AA by name only!

cathair, Sep 5, 5:08am
aj373 wrote:
"And if a vehicle is repaired by one of our approved repairers, we guarantee the repairs for the life of the vehicle"

So by guaranteeing the repair for the life of the vehicle yourselves does that mean 6 years down the track and the repair fails in someway do you tell the customer to go back to the panel shop and get them too sort it at the shops expense or do you pay the panel shop to remedy the problem!

lookoutas, Sep 5, 5:28am
Not going by the letter I've seen in the last year.
And if you're implying that we don't qualify as a quality repairer, someone had better front up.

The answer to panelbeaters not wanting to do AA work:- because they only allow a 5% markup on parts. (They have just changed that to a bit more)

marcos1, Sep 5, 5:28am
Smarty.you are correct indeed.I checked today.

lookoutas, Sep 5, 5:35am
So the levy still stands!
Even though it hasn't been in force for 10 years!

aktow, Sep 5, 11:43am
i bet you drive a yellow truck and you are a untidy looking hood

marcos1, Sep 5, 11:41pm
lolno way. I know the useless buggers ya mean tho.

phalanax, Sep 6, 12:07am
Thumbs down to this firm for me.signed up with total cover first time last year .got the rewards and roadside help package.had an incident.they said do nothing til the other party contacts etc.now im staring at a disputes tribunal award against me.they suck in my book for the following reasons.
A.they dont have claim forms
B.they want the claim money upfront even though liability is still unknown
C.they send me out a renewal $1200 down on last years value and want me to pay more and i have a no claims for life
D. my partners car is insured for twice the value of mine and she pays less with a rival firm
E.Im changing insurers as soon as my policy expires goodbye AA you suck

hoarder85, Sep 6, 12:11am
AA comprehensive cover is quite expensive but their 3rd party cover is good value - esp because the uninsured driver payout is up to $4000 instead of the standard $3000.

Their repairer clause seems a bit odd though.

marte, Sep 6, 5:01am
Haha. The AA Insurance is trying to get me to pay for the damage done to the car that run into the back of my van, on purpose!

Then, when I inquire about the road rules on that intersection, they have no idea & then come back with several different & self conflicting seneros.

And thats the AA!
My God, who actually knows how to drive a car these days.if even the AA don't.

lookoutas, Sep 6, 7:39am
So there can only be one of two conclusions here.
Either aj737 is a liar - or aj373 has been lied to.

According to my checking today, and a phone call tonight, the $1500 levy is still in existence today.
Don't expect too many others to come on here with confirmation, as the backlash could be too damaging.
I don't care about that aspect.

But in the big centres, if you don't pay, you don't get work coz the ones around the corner pay up.
"Neat eh!"
"Get in behind"

marcos1, Sep 6, 11:36pm
bahhhhhh.lol