Full service my butt!

dave653, Sep 8, 11:08pm
Recently bought a 10 foot tinny with 4hp Merc, took it out for a run a few days ago, engine ran 'ok' in the drum, obvious it needs a tune, but out on the water it didn't want to know! Pulled it to bits, found a new plug and fuel filter, but the fuel pump diaphragm was stiff and full of cracks. Used a second hand 90hp piece (thanks Anchorage) to cut a fresh one and it's like chalk and cheese. Starts better, idles better, and revs like a sonofabitch! The previous owner (mil) got ripped off. Pays to know a bit about your stuff. dunnit!

richardmayes, Sep 8, 11:37pm
You'll get people all excited with a title like that!

rocker_553, Sep 9, 1:06am
+1, sure got my attention!

trader_84, Sep 9, 1:40am
Yeah mate - for sure. Its called ownership.

corky, Sep 9, 2:00am
Yep,Off Topic for sure. Moderator 456 will be along shortly.

elect70, Sep 9, 2:02am
Should have bought a seagull , those things are so simple & reliablewhen seasons finished justchuck in the garage & pull it out next 1, pull the cord & off you go .

dave653, Sep 9, 6:32am
Sold one a while ago.
Now that it's bought to my attention.yeh, the title could have been thought out a bit better. But it got your attention anyway!

carmedic, Sep 9, 6:47am
Thats Moderatorf_456 thanks

gunhand, Sep 9, 7:25am
Whats wrong with the title! If it said,Service my butt or, my butt needs servicing or, do you want to service my butt, well then there might be a problem lol

andrew241, Sep 9, 8:09am
Your mate johnnie will be fizzing at the bung. LoL

icemans1, Sep 9, 8:30am
have you dropped the leg off and checked the water pump impeller!

dave653, Sep 10, 6:59am
Nope! Water feed is real good! Even bought a new impellor off Tm just incase. Also fits my 7.5 if that has issues.

ralphdog1, Sep 10, 10:53am
Yup, the pinnacle of British engineering the Seagull was, along with the Hillman Imp and Austin Allgero.

ozz1, Sep 11, 2:12am
wow.ten foottinnie.bet that cost more than $20 bucks.

dave653, Sep 13, 12:08am
$900, with loads of fishing gear, mullet net, merc, spares, on a 6x4 trailer! Thought I did pretty good. Now have to finish the 14'6" and get rid of it.
Oh, the 'full service' apparently cost the previous owner. $130!

lk104, Sep 13, 12:59am
Yeah, I thought it was an auction!

horsygirl, Oct 21, 4:18pm
Darren Hughes is good at servicing butts.dunno what he's like on outboards tho.