Trueno Ae110 Disc Brake Conversion

drew2009, Sep 9, 4:17am
I have a friend with a Toyota Trueno AE110 with the 1.5 5AFE Engine, that has disc brakes on the front and drum brakes on the rears.
The drum brakes are crap and starting to play up so we are considering putting the rear disc brakes off a top spec ae111 Levin on the rears.
Has anyone done this conversion! Are there any extra obstacles involved other than a straight swap and connect the lines up!

jasongroves, Sep 9, 4:34am
Much easier to just repair the factory drums.
I don't really see the point in going to all the hassle of fitting discs to the rear in a low spec Trueno like that.
Fronts do most of the braking anyway, so repair the rears and put some good pads on the front with some nice new fluid.

drew2009, Sep 9, 5:27am
The drums are pretty bad, i suspect the drums are warped/ badly worn and need replacing but only an inspection will tell. Its definitely not as simple as a set of shoes. Am just researching this as another option, I am capable of fixing up the drum brakes myself but just don't want to have to keep doing it and thought discs might keep things a bit simpler, cheaper on pads, better brake power ect. Have a cheap 4AGE sitting around that we may throw in it to so good brakes would help.

mrfxit, Sep 9, 7:31pm
just a thought . stop doing burnouts. hint. . LOL ;-)

jsbike, Sep 9, 8:38pm
In a Toyota Trueno AE110 with the 1.5 5AFE Engine!

johnf_456, Sep 9, 10:47pm
Oh the irony

mrfxit, Sep 9, 11:40pm
LOL. I could do them in a 62 Ford Anglia1.2ltr CARB engine >>>>> so whats your problem!

johnf_456, Sep 9, 11:42pm
wet road!

mrfxit, Sep 10, 12:43am
Nope.
Supermarket car park, dry weather, nothing but the car & tarseal

_peas, Sep 10, 3:42am
If you want discs on the rear as well as the front.Fix the rear drums, sell the car and buy a BZ-G or R model. plus you get a better engine.I haven't done the conversion in response to your OP, I wouldn't bother.

quickbuck, Sep 10, 3:45am
And Cross-ply tyres