3.8 S/C Holden vs 1.8T Passat!

Page 1 / 2
richardmayes, Sep 22, 7:47am
There have been some very entertaining [car] vs [car] threads lately so I thought I would build on that.What are your thoughts on the above two!

Tell me about reliability, handling, 0-100 times, phat skidz, number of hoes you've had on the bonnet. What eats what for breakfast, and what gets scatological with ("craps on") what. Clever must-have features like left-handed bolts, lifetime kryptonite belts that are decades ahead of anything the Japanese are doing, and warp drive flux capacitors that any home handyman can fix at minimal cost in no time at all - even if he's never seen one before, doesn't own any good tools and is a bit metro.

Which car would you want to be in, if you were racing for pink slips!

And would either of these cars measure up to my mighty '83 Laser!

craig04, Sep 22, 8:12am
An Accord Thai would shit on both.

extrayda, Sep 22, 8:17am
I am assuming this is a serious thread, not a piss take.None of those cars are really up to scratch.I'd recommend a Cavalier (good solid Toyota vehicle).If that is too 'cool' then another option is a 90's Daewoo, they are probably the pinacle of engineering, and hold their value very well.If you like to live with excitement, and are likely to have a nose to tail accident, a Ford Pinto would be great.

extrayda, Sep 22, 8:19am
Unless yours is a FWD Laser (four wheel drift) - if that is the case it is unbeatable for phat skidz, but possibly only in your pants!

ninja_man, Sep 22, 8:22am
jazz vs scootyfag2001

rozendaal, Sep 22, 8:28am
If you like classics how about an Austin Allegro or Maxi, honestly the best cars in their day, legends really.

scotty20001, Sep 22, 8:28am
verse rice_man!

bubbles244, Sep 22, 7:46pm
all i recommend is changing the S/C pulley for that of an alternator pulley, some av gas,. then watch the V8 boys look bewildered.

sifty, Sep 22, 7:55pm
Pffft, a rotary Multipla with neons would smoke you pansies.

jsbike, Sep 22, 8:13pm
more seriously, the 1.8T VW do go well, my mate has an auto Audi A3 with the 1.8T motor. It would whip a SC holden.

scotty20001, Sep 22, 8:15pm
:) a set of extractors doesn't go astray either, too bad you cant fit an alternator pulley on it, you have to get a modular hub and pulley from Mace engineering.

scotty20001, Sep 22, 8:17pm
really, well why can't my mates 1.8t manual beat me then! the Audis are nice cars though don't get me wrong still far nicer then all the rice shit on our roads today.

jsbike, Sep 22, 8:26pm
His must be broken I guess. Thea3 was substantially faster than my Laurel, which was around about as fast as your sc

scotty20001, Sep 22, 8:38pm
being a mechanic by trade i can pretty confidently say his car is not broken underestimate the L67 at your peril.

jsbike, Sep 22, 8:44pm
his is prob only the 150hp version maybe. Im just stating facts, his A3 was a lot faster than my rice and 0-100 of yours and mine were around the same (you failed to come out for the invited line up) so I can safely say it will be faster than yours.

hijacka, Sep 22, 8:47pm
The holden would win because it will be lighter than factory due to the rust eating away half of the chassy;)
And #1 nothing beat the all mighty blue smoke blowing ford laser.still see quite a few on the road hahaa

johnf_456, Sep 22, 9:06pm
Cringes and leaves the room

scotty20001, Sep 22, 9:46pm
180hp vvt version actually with 5 speed manual, good luck to you.

jsbike, Sep 22, 11:43pm
must be a bad driver then.

mike77, Sep 22, 11:55pm
funny much

mugenb20b, Sep 23, 12:33am
Who.you! Seriously!

scotty20001, Sep 23, 12:50am
no idiot, my mate with the Audi.

un_known, Sep 23, 2:25am
more likely your laurel is just slow. like it or not the holden has a significant power advantage here and while thats not the be all and end all of vehicle performance it sure doesnt hurt.

hotrodtodd1, Sep 23, 7:41am
Buy a Chrysler as they come with the Turbo Encabulator with the Flux Capacitors and Dingle Arms

http://myraclechronicles.blogspot.com/2011/03/flux-capacitors-and-dingle-arms.html

peejeles, Sep 23, 8:35am
scotty20001 wrote:
being a mechanic by trade i can pretty confidently say his car is not broken underestimate the L67 at your peril.[/quotebollocks