Kia vs. Rover

jolly_26, Sep 23, 8:01am
mate that kia would definitely be way faster than the rover, and they are RWD too so a good start to a drift project if that's what you are into. On the other hand that rover is nice, I love German cars, always a head above the rest

carstauranga001, Sep 23, 8:04am
neither are German jolly_26. What are you on about! The Rover is actually a Honda Civic rebadged and looks better presented than the (even) unwashed Kia. Out of those two I'd pursue the Rover.

carstauranga001, Sep 23, 8:05am
Kia isn't RWD either. Christ you are missleading. Get your facts right before posting.

carmedic, Sep 23, 8:05am
Disregard this idiots post its fiction^

wsnownz, Sep 23, 8:06am
Guess I am into drifting a bit. Not that I need any help pulling chicks but do you think either of them would! If it's a rebadged Honda then it must be bloody good right! I'll just paint the interior panels an extremely bright colour and it'll be as fast as a ferrari! Seems to be how it works but correct me if i'm wrong

stevo2, Sep 23, 8:08am
What drugs are you on man! Whatever it is, I want some.

carmedic, Sep 23, 8:10am
Ditto??

jolly_26, Sep 23, 8:11am
woh whats with all the abuse just made a mistake, got my facts mixed up. If it's a re badged honda does that mean it's vtec! Because vtec pulls chicks mate

franc123, Sep 23, 8:16am
Shall we start again!I don't know where RWD German cars come into it lol.They're both dreadful orphan vehicles that should be avoided IMO, everybody ditches those Rovers not necessarily because they're bad cars but they are too hard and expensive to get bits for, hence the need to glue up the door handles etc.The other one comes from the era when Kia were stumbling about blind and not really making a successful job of recycling old Mazdas and waiting for Hyundai to act as a guide dog.Move on, you can do far better for $2500ish.

wsnownz, Sep 23, 8:20am
jolly_26 what's your big Mazda like! Looks like a beast. RWD too, if you're sure it is! Judging by your above post it could be anything. Does it get up and go though! Rip a good skid down by the skate park in front of the ladies etc! It's not red though :( Probably not as fast as the wee Kia

jolly_26, Sep 23, 8:24am
yeah man it's definitely quite big and green

muzz67, Sep 23, 9:43am
Kia vs. Rover!. Would you prefer a smack on the shin from a cricketbat or a softball bat!

sweetfanny, Sep 23, 9:51am
As a Women into cars, I would have to say Ewwwww to both. You must be able to find better.

carstauranga001, Sep 23, 9:51am
I stand corrected, can't say I've ever had a manual one. Strange, two brands of engine in one car, only the Poms would think of that. Cheers for pointing that out.

carstauranga001, Sep 23, 9:52am
Yep, gotta agree sweetfanny

trdbzr, Sep 24, 12:34pm
For similar money you can get a corolla fxgt, the one with silvertop 4age. It'll be enough fast and quite reliable. And no, don't listen to jazz and buy a punto, unless you want to wake up in the middle of the night and find him having a wank over it.

icemans1, Sep 24, 4:36pm
classy, what for, the granny convention!

biddy6, Sep 24, 7:55pm
I think " wsnownz " has gone off to bed with a silly smile on his face.

jenny188, Sep 24, 8:19pm
Yep he right, I'd keep looking

wsnownz, Sep 24, 8:25pm
Hehehe

mugenb20b, Sep 24, 11:54pm
+100000

stockdill, Nov 14, 12:19pm
Had both Kia (1) and Rover (2) . Kia done 260000km and no issues . Ist Rover 120000km head gasket gone , 130000km caught fire . 2nd Rover at under 90000km cost approx $2500 (using secondhand parts) . New parts would have cost close to $6000 . Don't bother with Rovers .