Nissan Micra Ti Vs Kia Picanto EX

Page 1 / 2
db.price, Nov 30, 3:26am
Following on from my thread about new cars under $20K we have now settled on 2 options:

2011 Nissan Micra TI
or
2011 Kia Picanto EX

So looking for worldly opinions on which car is better!

Have driven both and both are similarly priced thanks to a pretty sharp offer by Nissan (as the MIcra is usually $24K).
Both handle well for small cars, both have reasonable fuel economy (althoough the Kia is better).The Kia has better styling inside and out and is quieter than the MIcra but the MIcra has some better options including keylessentry and start, Climate AC.

So what do you think!

wasser61, Nov 30, 3:38am
If it was me, it would be the Kia, as I like the shape. It looks modern. The new Micra is nice, but I don't feel the wow factor. The Micra has a bigger engine so would go like stink, but the Kia better fuel economy. In the end I would toss a coin

tigra, Nov 30, 3:39am
me for the Kia simply on the looks.

a.woodrow, Nov 30, 3:44am
I don't believe a micra with any engine fitted would "go like stink". unless you are talking literally, as in the speed a bad smell would move

musikcrazee, Nov 30, 3:52am
I like the look of the picanto as well that would be my choice based on looks alone.

pieman33h, Nov 30, 3:55am
sorry - i saw the thread title and thought it was a video of the two cars crashing into each other.

fordcrzy, Nov 30, 3:59am
id get the picanto over the micra.the micra is fuuuuugly!

wasser61, Nov 30, 4:04am
People can't run fast enough to get away from my farts.

wasser61, Nov 30, 4:05am
He has been there done that, His missus doesn't like them. I agree the Fiesta is a great car.

fordcrzy, Nov 30, 4:06am
"doesnt like them"
what a great reason to go and buy an inferior car.geez

trdbzr, Nov 30, 4:19am
both are very similar cars, take them both out for another spin and see which one you prefer, but i think the kia looks better though

db.price, Nov 30, 5:42am
In the end you have to LIKE the car you are buying don't you!I would like the Fiesta as well but if my lady doesn't like it not much I can do - it will be her car!

mugenb20b, Nov 30, 6:41am
Yeah right! Have you had a look at other cars in the same price range! Toyota Yaris maybe (there's a new shape already out, so you may get a good deal on the runout model)! It just seems to me that you've picked the two biggest (or smallest) pieces of $hit that you could find. Remember, you don't have to buy brand new, you can get good value for money for something that's two or three years old. Different story if it's tax deductable.

carstauranga001, Nov 30, 6:45am
Nissan for me.

trouser, Nov 30, 7:51am
A pushbike and a jacket over those two.

clark20, Nov 30, 8:08am
Go the Nissan, it impressed the wheels magazine guys (aussie) for its price.

db.price, Nov 30, 9:30am
Yeah have done a bit of research on both and both got good reviews from car experts.Micra would be out but for the fact that local dealer is doing the Ti for $20500.

someone mentioned the Yaris but like the Fiesta my wife does not like them although the new ones look good but too expensive.

while people bag the Kia most motoring writters seem to agree that they now hold thier own compared to Japanese cars.

kcf, Nov 30, 7:23pm
The Kia won't have great resale value, so based on what your depreciation would be like, purely on that basis I'd probably get a Nissan.Your requirements might be different, because you might hang onto a car for ten years, but I get bored out of my mind with a car within 6 months.So holding value is a key thing for me.

db.price, Nov 30, 7:33pm
If we changed cars every three years that would be a factor but we tend to hold onto our cars for quite a while (my wife has had her car for 10 years!)

db.price, Nov 30, 10:14pm
Took another look at the Feista today but for a 2009 model done between 15-25000km was $20-23K.So both Micra and Kia offer better value, warranty etc for less a price.

kcf, Nov 30, 10:53pm
That being the case, I guess pick the one that you think is the nicest to drive, and has the interior that you're going to be happy to live with for a good while :)

ringo2, Nov 30, 10:56pm
Well having now owned 3 Hyundais over the last 10 years and considering that Kia is 49% owned by Hyundai I would go for the Picanto particularly as it seems to really be your preference.

rhys5, Dec 1, 3:19am
Its a popular and good car. Which means it will have at least a OK resale value. Kia cars are getting better and better.

rhys5, Dec 1, 3:27am
The Kia cars seem to be cheaper here in oz.Thecerato for $19000AU + $1000 myer gift card.Yet second hand cars in oz are so expensive.

db.price, Dec 1, 11:04pm
Had someone mention the Rio which RRP of $22990 might be an option too - expecially as we were looking at the EX version of the Picanto which has RRP $20990.