1981-84 Mitsubishi Sigmas in Yellowstone (yellow)

tuttyclan, Sep 18, 3:31am
x1
I have a 1982 Mitsubishi Sigma in yellowstone colour (yellow).According to Mitsubishi I was told a few years ago that yellow ones are rare in the Sigma range.I have seen a few Lancers and Mirages of the same vintage in the same shade of yellow.In all the 22 years of ownership I have only ever seen one that was advertised in a newspaper some years back on a dealers yard (I have the copy of that newspaper lol),and two on Trade Me.Currently I know of only one other in the South Island.
Has anyone here own/owned one in yellow.I would like to hear your story.
Thanks in advance.

dayle, Sep 18, 3:38am
I would suggest that because these literally glow in the dark even, any yellow ones would survive much better than most, being so visible. I once read that fire engines should be painted yellow as this is the most visible colour. Perhaps we could also lobby that police cars be painted bright yellow too as a road safety issue.!

dayle, Sep 18, 3:40am
Robin, what number is your paint code. do you have it somewhere!

dayle, Sep 18, 3:46am
Mineis YS YS C5
chassis GR7H416063
eng 63AQ4707

tuttyclan, Sep 18, 4:09am
Hi Dale,
My paint code is YS YS C2
Chassis GR3H41****
Engine 2BB****

marcos1, Sep 18, 4:32am
I had one that colour, but it was the express s/w model.

tuttyclan, Sep 18, 4:53am
http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au/colour_codes_mitsubishi_M-Z.htm
Yellowstone is near the bottom of the list.

cocabowla, Sep 18, 9:44am
know an old retiree who had one but it was always in the open and succumbed to rust a few yrs ago

magoo2, Sep 18, 10:02am
I had a stationwagon that colour.I was told the AA had a fleet of them

bears99, Sep 18, 10:07am
I have one sitting outside in the open in a sad state.Has water in the oil . Been parked up for about 3 years. Still start it up once a month

tuttyclan, Sep 18, 10:18am
Have you got a picture of it please.

don_logan, Sep 18, 10:25am
I worked for a car yard in Porriua in the mid 80's the yellow sigma's were cmon as then.

bears99, Nov 5, 1:18pm