2001 Holden Calais-supercharged

hoggarty, Sep 24, 10:45pm
Hi,
We are looking at getting a holden calais, its supercharged & we are wondering if anyones had or heard of any problems we should be a ware of with these!

Cheers

mileyfan73, Sep 25, 12:22am
Yes they don't sip gas they scull it!

franc123, Sep 25, 12:27am
and if heavy towing is on the menu they are still out torqued by a standard 4.0 Falcon/Fairmont of the era.Nice cars and no reason not to buy one but not as good as they should be, not really a huge improvement over a N/A 3.8.

hoggarty, Sep 25, 12:41am
Wont be towing with it, just a family car for round town really. Thanks for your advice.

redslapper, Sep 25, 12:44am
keep revs as low as possible and it shouldn't be too thirsty (highway use) but since you are running it around town, expect a big difference in your fuel bill

hoggarty, Sep 25, 1:08am
SO obviously a bit more thirsty than your average v6 holden.

graham32, Nov 16, 4:47pm
I disagree, I had an AU fairmont and my supercharged calais tows better and is cheaper on fuel, even without a trailer its is better, a trip from tauranaga to auckland and back in my fairmont averaged 9.7 on fuel comp, and only 8.6 in my holden, also for a small fee of $320 you can have the front pulley changed and that livens them up quite a bit, agreed in std format not huge difference over a std v6 but they do pull stronger in the midrange than a n/a v6