4g15 mitsi motor

typhoon666, Oct 1, 9:56am
Does anyone know if a 1.5 inj mirage motor will go into the same year lancer body.The blocks look the same just the dizzys are in different places on the heads.

johnf_456, Oct 1, 12:25pm
phillip.weston is the man you will want to talk, he is a great guy and such an expert at Mitsubishi.

mugenb20b, Oct 1, 7:34pm
What do you mean by the "same year"!

bopbargains, Oct 1, 8:40pm
do you have a carb motorand wantto put a injected motor in it!.

typhoon666, Oct 1, 11:11pm
Its a 1990 both are injected 1.5 litre just the dizzy on the lancer is on the side facing the fire wall and the dizzy on the mirage is at the back above the gearbox looks like they have the same engine mounts though.

phillip.weston, Oct 2, 12:19am
that would be the difference between the 8V (dizzy on inlet side) and 12V (dizzy over gearbox) motors. Yes they are interchangeable, you would just need to relocate the wiring going to the distributor/coil.

phillip.weston, Oct 2, 12:24am
If putting the 12V motor into an 8V car, you would want to swap over the ECU and air flow meter as they may be different. The 12V has more power than the 8V engine.

typhoon666, Oct 2, 7:33am
Thanks Phillip Weston,I will get the air flow meter aswell I thought they were both 12 v motors.

phillip.weston, Dec 4, 5:13pm
pretty sure the motor with the dizzy on the inlet side is an 8V, there would be no room for the distributor drive in that spot with a 12V, hence why it was relocated to the back of the head over the gearbox. I'll have to check my manual once I get home from work though.