Diesel vs Petrol !!

Page 2 / 2
bellky, Oct 3, 2:51am
some great logic there^^

sr2, Oct 3, 2:56am
Well surmised, having run both petrol and diesel vehicles for many years I couldn't agree more.

curlcrown, Oct 3, 2:56am
Don't forget to take into concideration the purchace price. Usualy a diesel powered will cost a lot more than the equivelent petrol powered vehicle and if you are using it just for towing and not doing a lot of mileage and have another run around car then the fuel consumption will not make a significant difference.

tazcsv, Oct 3, 3:09am
Crap idea,
Try towing a full float out of a paddock with a 2wd car if its a bit wet or muddy and see what happens.
Try jumping on the brakes with a full float in an emergancy stop with a car and see what happens.
We use a 80 series cruiser for the weight to tow our float as it will stop in a hurry and not get pushed off the road like a car would.
And yes its diesel which is far better for the job than petrol.

bellky, Oct 3, 3:13am
yes i agree - we have a petrol disco which is very reliable/safe/sturdy when towing - sucks the gas though, but doesn't stink.

tazcsv, Oct 3, 4:03am
Perhaps you should have your nose checked!

bellky, Oct 3, 4:05am
lol - must be supersensitive

morrisman1, Oct 3, 4:18am
yea, but when you go to sell it you will get more. Swings and roundabouts.

fryan1962, Oct 3, 5:43am
diesel air filter, fuel filter, oil filter, oil

petrol as above plus plugs ,rotor,leads,dist cap perhaps depending on vehicle,

fryan1962, Oct 3, 5:44am
I had a v8 discovery in oz where I could afford to runit

warthogs1, Oct 3, 6:53am
Diesels dont rust out exhaust systems.

mugenb20b, Oct 3, 6:55am
Oh, yes they do.

mugenb20b, Dec 6, 6:47pm
I was recently looking at buying cheap 2wd utes, petrols and diesels. Although, I much prefer diesel vehicles, it simply wasn't worth it. I don't think I would do more than 5000 kms a year. I bought an old petrol Ford Courier. A set of points and spark plugs cost me $20. Oil and filter $25 (the rest of the servicable items were still good). No RUC to pay and cheaper licencing (a difference of nearly $300).