Mitsi VR4- AYC

pinkprincess08, Sep 29, 3:48am
the ayc light keeps coming on when im driving on a flat straight road, iv never seen it do this before, anyone know what could be the problem! also comes with a loud grinding noise followed by a high-pitched squealing sound. sounds really bad but i can still drive normally. any ideas!

yogibearz, Sep 29, 7:19am
has it developed an oil leak under the rear diff !.If it has its probably got a cracked diff housing. Caused by someone trying to do skids or burn outs.
If thats all ok get the AYC system checked it could have a buggered pump on the rear diff. Both faults are well known to Mitsy dealers.

pinkprincess08, Oct 2, 8:56pm
thanks! :) na no oil leak, but the noise is coming from the back.

yogibearz, Oct 2, 10:04pm
go and see Barry Cooper at Manukau Mitsy

aimz_bj, Dec 3, 10:48am
This happened to me not that long ago.NOT caused by someone wanting to do skids or burnouts!Its the faulty AYC pump.

Sometimes a AYC service can fix the fault otherwise the pump needs to be replaced.I am in CHC and the only place that does the AYC service are people who deal with mitsis and in CHC the only one was the misti dealership.Set me back $550 for the service.Few months later it has started to slowly leak but the light/sound hasnt come back.Once that happens it looks like it will need to be a replacement pump