Aurion any good!

shorebee, Oct 6, 10:54pm
Considering of these, had v6 legends and accords and diamantes before but this has 6 speed auto and lexus engine. any feedback, prob just an atx or 20k ish one, lower k model.

mugenb20b, Oct 6, 11:15pm
So far so good, I haven't seen any with problems.

robbo36, Oct 6, 11:16pm
I've owned my '07 Aurion SX6 for 2 years now with 75k on the clock. No problems to date. Smooth effortless comfortable driving from the 3.5L, 204kw (2GR-FE) engine with 6 speed auto trans. The usual Toyota reliability. Economy around town = 10 to 12l/100km and open road = 8 to 8.5l/100km running on 95.Hope this helps.

rocker_553, Oct 6, 11:27pm
Don't they put the 2GR-FE in the Toyota Blade ( a soup-upped Corolla)! Man that would be a handful, and a lot of fun!

mugenb20b, Oct 6, 11:35pm
They sure do. They have more toe than a roman sandal.

shorebee, Oct 6, 11:57pm
id read somewhere they go a bit better on 95. will give it a whirl.

mm12345, Oct 7, 12:05am
Read a neutral review before getting too excited:
http://oversteer.co.nz/cars/toyota-blade-master/

tigra, Oct 7, 12:37am
What sort of price do they go for!

jasongroves, Oct 7, 12:43am
I could have opened that link blind folded and known it was going to be a Passat.

elvis58, Oct 7, 12:46am
Have seen a few over the last couple of years, 25 to 30k seems to be about normal, on the jap site i deal with i am yet to see one undamaged LOL.

shorebee, Oct 7, 1:04am
Hi Jazz, as you know i have had skoda superb v6 and great cars, i have had the new 118tsi superb for 3 weeks and amazing car as a rental but 40-50k. i have sold my citreon deisel and want more mainstream as new job paying car allowance, have been ofered 08 nz new 1 owner aurion for 20k and think ill just grab it, good specs, vintage and mileage though i do like dsg, resale on a camry type vehicle is good and fuelefficiency is as good as acamry with shitloads o fpull.

craig04, Oct 7, 1:26am
I dunno. You should be able to get a Phaeton now for Aurion money.

richardmayes, Oct 7, 1:34am
I <3 driving our Aurion office car.

Boy racers and people in flash cars think it's just some sort of Camry, so they try to drag you at the lights, and you DESTROY them!

It's not very good for chucking around corners though, the chassis is nowhere near as good as the engine. Driving around town you wait ages for it to make up its mind about gear changes.

I wouldn't want to own one though, you hear of so many jap auto transmissions having problems, even those that are NOT attached to 205 kW V6 engines.

shorebee, Oct 7, 2:27am
HI Richard, this one has a factory 5 year warranty so two years left and no way id ever keep a car two years so tranny issues wont be mine, that said if its lexus running gear which all the reviews say it is they have warrantys to 140k and 200k so not overly worried at 50k. i have driven it and your right, she is soft on the bends, like driving a sofa :)

msigg, Oct 7, 2:47am
Shorebee, yes you can't loose at that price, Probably one of the better cars on the road.

trdbzr, Oct 7, 3:26am
You are getting a pretty good deal on the Aurion. Overall its a pretty good car and with 2 years left on warranty you shouldn't have any worries. Then again, if you maintain any car you generally don't get many issues. That's why you see so many Toyotas, Fords, Holdens etc going past the 300,000km+ mark and still going strong. I test drove a few when I was looking for a VE SV6 and its a pretty good car, yes its soft around the corners but its not exactly a sports car.For the price you're paying i'd say take the deal.

ezekiel67, Oct 7, 3:34am
Considered a Suzuki Kizashi!

a.woodrow, Oct 7, 3:50am
Never heard of a single trans failure in one, I worked in a dealership until about 4 months ago. When I was in oz I drove a couple of the TRD supercharged Aurions. all I can say is wow

shorebee, Oct 10, 3:23am
cant find a trd in nz, all the local ones have same kw output it seems.

a.woodrow, Oct 10, 3:34am
Nope they didn't bring them out here. TRD hiluxs and aurions were only oz. sad though

mellisa2000, Oct 10, 4:56am
Yes they did, there are some S/C Aurions here.

mellisa2000, Oct 10, 4:57am
In Black, see one nearly every day and have seen others.

a.woodrow, Dec 29, 9:16pm
Have you inspected under the bonnet to ensure it was supercharged! If their are any in nz they have been privately imported