A good reason to maintain your car.

moosie_21, Jan 27, 6:02am
I have had my Celica for 4 years now and 40,000 km's, never any issues, just minor WoF items like tyres, lights, etc. I've always changed to oil with a quality filter and good oil, kept the air filter clean (K&N re-useable), kept everything topped up, never thrashed it (well, maybe a tiny bit on the open road, but that's another story) etc. I've had 2 different mechanics call it a good little car and even offered to buy it off me.

Just thought I'd share a success story on here compared to all the problems that always crop up. If only everyone kept their car up to standard, they would save themselves so many hassles and $$$ over the years. Thanks to everyone for the advice over the years as well, been a real eye opener and I always enjoy learning more!

danni_2254, Jan 27, 6:05am
I had a Mitsi L300, done 420,000ks. Never bought a thing for it (except gas), thrashed the hell outta it (offroading, burnouts on the (rural) driveway) Got it to 462,000ks before I sold it to a mate who crashed it.

moosie_21, Jan 27, 6:14am
Hear so many stories of people crashing cars after their friends have sold it to them after really short periods of time. Weird. My friend sold me the Celica so hopefully I don't turn out that way, although I think the short time period has passed now.

danni_2254, Jan 27, 6:16am
Its happened to me twice actually, The other one was only a CRX so not really a big loss.

tonyrockyhorror, Jan 28, 3:24am
A WoF is all the maintenance you need!

moosie_21, Jan 28, 4:28am
lol, you'd be surprised how many people have that glued into their mind.

m16d, Jan 28, 5:02am
Yer. If you've got a wof, its all sweet.

trogedon, Jan 28, 5:08am
Being a Celica you're already starting with a good product anyway.

mileyfan73, Jan 28, 5:12am
I totally agree.I keep my '95 Accord serviced by the book,and yes it costs,but she's up to 312000 kms now and I KNOW every long trip I do she will do it without any probs at all.Have had 70.000 trouble free k's so far.

electromic, Jan 28, 10:06am
Agree! Bought a R32 skyline in 1998 with 73 000km.It has been well serviced and has never failed to do its job. Currently on 278 000 (hard) kms. Went down to the naki a week ago in it, gave it some right boot, and it loved it.There are better cars but the R32 has been the best car i have ever had.

muzzaandmich, Jan 30, 8:23am
Personally ,I. Always believe it is important that the motor and boot should be as clean as the inside of my car I always spend time cleaning the motor ,,it onlytakes a few minutes to maintain your car in show room condition , much easier if anything goes wrong .nothing worse than checking the oil and ending up being covered with old oil. And grease

smac, Jan 30, 8:26am
Was in line behind a woman buying wiper blades for her V3000. Was going on and on about how she'd had it for 4 years and never had to change a thing. I said I hoped she'd changed the oil.

She didn't think it was funny.guy behind the counter was having a hard time keeping a straight face.

elect70, Jan 30, 10:40pm
Ex panelbeater matehas opposite view . He just buys cars under $1500 & runs them into the ground, no servicing, if itburnsoiljust usescheapest oil can buy .Onceits deadjust dumps it at scrappy & buys another .