Brakes to the floor

Page 2 / 2
forrest39, Oct 21, 2:12am
justfound it. one of the wheels and brakes is a mess fluid all over it

crzyhrse, Oct 21, 2:16am
So it's a brake line and a bleed with new fluid.

Flexible or hard pipe! Be interested to see a picture given perished brake lines are a WoF failure item.

bigjerry, Oct 21, 2:19am
That will be it

crzyhrse, Oct 21, 2:19am
Could be something else.

crzyhrse, Oct 21, 2:20am
4x4. 4 minutes or 4 feet out the door. whichever comes first.

richardmayes, Oct 21, 3:14am
One of the caliper pistons will be buggered then. betcha!

forrest39, Oct 21, 3:51am
didnt have the car with me as i parked it up then ran to work, i quickly looked in engine bay before i left it on side of road where it is still sitting. i rang someone who went and looked for me and informed me that fluid was on one of the wheels. sorry for asking before i sanded it back, repainted, changed the cam belt,port and polished, installed a new exhaust,and had al lmy certs ticked of in my mechanics apprenticship, notice how everyone else contributes and trys to help, where as you are being a pesimistic dick head.i wasnt asking for a step by step instruction manual i just was asking if it was a simple fix or something more complex where i will take to mechanics. just because you may know about cars doesnt mean ya have to be a cock

forrest39, Oct 21, 3:56am
so next question is with the brakes as is.because they still work ever so slightly will they completly fail if i drive 2 km slowly to the mechanics!

phillip.weston, Oct 21, 3:57am
has the car been sitting for any prolonged length of time! I had an '87 Sigma a few years back which had been sitting for nearly 6 months unused due to transmission issues. When I got ahold of the car and used the brakes while moving it around in the workshop, I had discovered the master cylinder started to piss out fluid from between the cylinder body and the booster housing. I pulled out the master cylinder and disassembled it and it had a little bit of pitting in the bore but nothing serious - it just looked like some bit of muck got into the system and got stuck between the seal and the bore. After cleaning everything up, reassembling then bleeding up the brakes again I had no leakages.

I would pay close attention to the area below the brake master cylinder to see if there are any signs of brake fluid seepage there. Often you will see the paint on the lower half of the brake master cylinder peeling.

forrest39, Oct 21, 4:01am
Its used as an every day driver for the mrs to drive kids to school etc, i drove this morning and was fine for 3km the bam no pressure on the brake pedal, took a quick look through the bay but nothing and since been found all out at the drivers door wheel

forrest39, Oct 21, 4:23am
i know as much as you ie i also dont have the car in front of me.might just have to do the 3am mission cos i cant just leave it on the side of the road.so say that the line was split. is the reason the brakes still slightlywork because of the little fluid left in the other three lines

ozz1, Oct 21, 4:57am
forrest.best to get the car on a trailer to the mechanics. orhome.then check thebrake hoses.the rf may have rubbed on the strut.but as you said. your missus and the kids use it.SO dont drive it .

richardmayes, Oct 21, 5:04am
No, I most certainly WOULD NOT DO THAT IF I WERE YOU!

johnf_456, Oct 21, 6:55am
Gosh take a chill pill for some here, give the dude credit hes trying with someone yelling at him. Do you know any mechaniclly minded people even cousins, uncles, inlaws, people next door!

bm4, Jan 13, 12:17pm
to lazy to bleed it but expect other people to put there time in to you!