VS Calais stereo code!

tristanchev, Oct 27, 6:06am
Hi does anyone know the default code to reset the stereo! changed the battery and now no sounds lol

andrea_w, Oct 27, 6:08am
Ring Holden - they are the only people that can help. there isn't a generic code for all stereos

scotty20001, Oct 27, 8:54pm
Holden dealer are the only ones who can help there, if you still the user manual the code should be in there.

next-to-normal, Oct 27, 9:18pm
QUOTE(calaisfornication @ Jun 7 2007, 06:13 AM) *

Hey guys

i own a VS 97 calais and i had to disconnect my battery recently, and had to enter the security code (which i have) but i can't find the owners manual and tried to enter it incorrectly. now it is locked . does anyone know how to unlock it!

You needed to leve the radio on for a hour so turn the key to the acc poistion and leve on for a hour!
or this

As your radio and key codes are security information, they cannot provide them to you via written correspondence or telephone.

However these codes can be obtained through any authorised Holden dealership by providing, in person, proof of vehicle ownership and the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) which is shown on the inside front cover of your Owner's Manual. There may be a nominal charge for this service

bubbles244, Oct 27, 9:36pm
it also pays to pull the stereo out and have a look at the case (or manual in the glove box for that matter) just in case it has happened before and some one wrote it down. this is what we were told to do with our series II VX, write on the metal frame of the stereo

jenny188, Oct 27, 10:22pm
Not a good idea, as if stereo gets stolen they have the code for it. Keep it with the vehicle receipts or other personal papers. I've rung dealerships before with regi number and been given code over phone

saxman99, Oct 27, 10:24pm
Does anyone still steal car stereos anymore!

4piggy, Jan 13, 4:58pm
any workshop with a scan tool can get code stored body control module if holden wont give you it