Class 5 License through VTNZ

Page 2 / 2
philltauranga, Mar 4, 10:01pm
Have you had much practice backing a full trailer! You will need to demonstrate you can do this, if anything like mine he will take you to a low traffic country road and do a reversing U turn at a T intersection and go back the way you came, dont stress if cars are waiting I think your reaction is part of the test. He will take you into VERY tight corners in high traffic areas of town, where you need to cross into oncomming traffic to make the turn, look in you mirrors alot, cheack your gauges occasionaly, know how to do a prestart cheack.
You need to show you know what all the cards in the windowscreen mean like GVM,GCM, ect ect, all the cert tags for tiedowns and tow couplings, correct method for tieing down loads, how the tiedowns are load rated, depending on how they are used and type of tiedown, ect, ect.The truck loading code is a good reference book for this info.
Alot of this info was probably required for your class 4.
Its been 10years since I did mine, so prob forgotten some things I was tested on, but it probably hasnt changed much, I went through a priviate instructor with our own truck supplyed it wouldnt be much differnt from VTNZ tho.