Car making a loud noise from the inside. :`(

littleitaly, Nov 9, 9:42am
Hi, I'm not mechanically minded, but have for the last week or so noticed that our car has started making buzzing like noises when accelerating!Our car is a 2000 Hyundai Sonata.We have never had any major mechanical problems & the car is always serviced, the last service being over a month ago.The car is usually very quiet & smooth when running.The car drives well, it's just that bloody noise!I will take it into the garage tomorrow.Does anyone have any clues or ideas on what it could be!A muffler perhaps!

tmenz, Nov 9, 9:57am
Is it because you're using Bee Pee!

littleitaly, Nov 9, 10:00am
Haha, only if. I think it might be abit more than us "not" using bee pee.

intrade, Nov 9, 10:12am
well get a mechanic to take a drive , any good mechanic will tell you at least if the noise could be expensive and should be fixed soonest or if it is just your tyres making noises, like my chinese winter tyres here sound like a tankat somespeeds

intrade, Nov 9, 10:13am
over the interweb diagnose the only bee sounds i know off are alternator noises thru the radio noise is gone when radio is turned off. otherwise only a test drive with a trained ear should give the answer usually

thejazzpianoma, Nov 9, 10:16am
If you have a half decent video camera and the noise is loud enough you could always post it to youtube for us to have a listen.

littleitaly, Nov 9, 10:27am
Thanks.I will tell the mechanic to take the car for a drive & await the dreaded news.

littleitaly, Nov 9, 10:30am
Haha, nope we don't have a half decent or a whole decent video camera at all.I'm not ready to become famous yet!

jono2912, Nov 9, 10:46am
I'm assuming its the alternator.

littleitaly, Nov 9, 10:55am
Okay, I'll ask the mechanic to check the alternator too.Cheers, thanks. =)

m16d, Nov 9, 5:02pm
The exhaust pipe is touching something.!

kazbanz, Nov 9, 7:22pm
Those little noises are as annoying as all hey. Have you tried carrying a passenger and having them open vents and gloveboxes,Pushing down on parts of the interior trim to find the noise! If the noise is definitely coning from insidequite likely its something like that.

naphtha, Nov 9, 10:08pm
Earrings in the dash ash tray, is my guess. Look there before stripping car interior.

littleitaly, Nov 10, 11:06pm
Thanks everyone for your input.The problem is the right rear wheel bearing.The mechanic can't do it until tomorrow morning, which is okay, I wanted it done asap, but tomorrow is fine.It's been estimated between $200 - $300.Arghhhh, but. better safe than sorry!

mike107, Nov 10, 11:22pm
Good on you for geting the noise fixed!

sifty, Nov 10, 11:40pm
cheers for the update, most don't bother. Nice to have feedback after offering advice.

littleitaly, Nov 11, 12:11am
It's nice in this forum, nice helpful peeps in here!Cheers =)

littleitaly, Nov 15, 10:27am
Got my car done today, was supposed to be the weekend but the part hadn't arrived until today!From $250-$300 the final total cost was $345, the wheel bearing part cost $265.I was also told that the back brakes would have to soon be replaced.Arghhhhhhhh!. better get that fixed too.

the-lada-dude, Nov 15, 7:34pm
i wonder what the trade price for the bearing was !

mk3zephyr, Nov 15, 8:27pm
$265 for a wheel bearing for a sonata, holy hell, I think someone was wearing dayglo and was seen coming from a mile away, and yeah, i wonder what the trade price was.

crzyhrse, Nov 15, 10:35pm
I reckon you were stiched for a rear wheel bearing on a FWD!

the-lada-dude, Mar 7, 12:54pm
just checked, comes as a complete hub assembly
$130 + gstnon abs
$220+ ""
if i shopped around might do better than these prices !