Water transfers or decals, who makes them!

mokaubach, Nov 17, 8:06am
Looking for a printer or signwriter than can make very thin water type transfers (Decals) for old motorbike tanks, anyone know of someone who can do this please!

tigra, Nov 17, 8:27am
I used to use some photo-mechanical materials to reproduce decals on adhesive material some time ago,I made up logos for my Lola race car and other projects. They worked well with the gear I had, but didnt lastmuch more than 6- 9 months. Faded in the UV.Material was made by 3M. Best bet is probably to approach a silk screener

twink19, Nov 17, 8:55am
I had a lot of sigh writing reproduced including some 1982 /83 rego stickers redone for resto on race car by sign writer, all done from photos

mokaubach, Nov 18, 3:40am
Can you recall who did your work please!.

socram, Nov 18, 3:45am
Is that a 212!

I think that the transfers may often be multicoloured which is a bit different from the computer cut self adhesive stuff.If water based, do they need a lacquer on top!

I may have a couple of (original) Velocette water transfers in my collection! Maybe time to sell the memorabilia and enjoy the proceeds anyway.

twink19, Nov 18, 4:25am
sign writer in Silverdale, some are multicoloured, they look just like they did in 1983

trogedon, Nov 18, 5:25am
If you search on the net (forums for classic bikes) you might find they're already made and available.

janine103, Nov 18, 7:16am
try Chris at infamous designs, he can do all sorts of stuff

foxdonut, Nov 18, 7:20am
I've seen a few online places searching for transfers for model cars and what not. None of them had decent ordering facilities so I didn't bother, but they are online if you're looking.

Depending on volume it might be easier to locate someone good with an airbrush!

tigra, Nov 18, 7:25am
socram wrote:

Is that a 212!
quote]

Yes, my baby lives in Parnell under blankets these days.

janine103, Nov 18, 7:43am
His email address ischris@infamousdesigns.co.nzhes in Hamilton, he does decals, airbrushing etc, if he cant do it he can probably tell you who can.

mokaubach, Nov 18, 7:44am
Thats great, I will contact him, cheers.

janine103, Nov 18, 7:47am
good luck with that! Hope he can do them for you.

socram, Nov 18, 8:53am
That is two around then. My ex lodger in the UK acquired the ex Jeremy Lord car for someone in Christchurch and shipped it out for him.Now owned by an artistic gentleman who you probably know.

tigra, Mar 15, 5:05pm
Your ex-lodger!Hmmmm I had some problems with him over this. But it all worked out in the end.I'm wondering what the artistic gentleman is going to do with his collection of rare beasts - he's not getting any younger.LOL