Car Registration Plate

ceedoubleyou, Nov 22, 9:33pm
Does anyone know what the "font" is called for the rego plates!
TIA

bitsy_boffin, Nov 22, 9:35pm
I seem to recall it was designed specifically for the NZTA (LTSA then),

kdcentralni, Nov 22, 9:58pm
Yes touchy subject my niece did a school assignment on NZ number plates and they won't tell you what the font is, specially made for them

mike107, Nov 22, 11:28pm
Same font as Europe! So computer recognition can check plates.

morrisjvan, Nov 23, 12:08am
It has changed recently, the new plate font is different to what it was a few years ago.so there are 3 different fonts on current nz plates .

esprit, Nov 23, 12:40am
Font is NZ-specific, designed specifically for LTNZ (at the time). It's unique to NZ, no other country uses it. It's not public domain.

ceedoubleyou, Nov 23, 1:52am
ok thanks all, I'll settle on Helvectia CY, it looks very similar to the previous font.

kiwicon, Nov 23, 1:55am
would have thought Tag extreme would be closer

ceedoubleyou, Nov 23, 2:53am
hmmm, don't see that one.

heywillhay1, Nov 23, 4:14am
I downloaded the exact font that is used on the latest plates about a year back. Ill have a look on my hear drives to see where it is. As a previous poster said, it was specifically designed for the plates so was tricky to find. Cant even remember how I found it now.

heywillhay1, Nov 23, 4:16am

ceedoubleyou, Nov 23, 6:01am
wow, so it's called licenz-plate.font

heywillhay1, Apr 4, 9:50pm
I downloaded the exact font that is used on the latest plates about a year back. Ill have a look on my hard drives to see where it is. As a previous poster said, it was specifically designed for the plates so was tricky to find. Cant even remember how I found it now.