Mitsubishi Lancer locking itself

k9nut, Jan 18, 4:06am
Does anyone know how can you stop a Mitsibishi Lancer locking itself all the time!

andrea_w, Jan 18, 4:09am
You might want to be a tad more specific . under what conditions does it locks itself!
Do you have an alarm! If you do, what brand!

k9nut, Jan 18, 4:14am
No alarm, but every time you unlock using button on key remote it relocks itself within minutes.

bigfatmat1, Jan 18, 5:06am
There is a few common problems that cause this on mitsis one being a the contact base on the back of the door lock the other is the central locking motor being sloppy inside or the central lock motor screws have came loose. all require the door panel to be removed. once ya in there and ya touch things you will soon be able to see what the problem is.

lookoutas, Jan 18, 5:31am
It's more than likely a safety factor. I'm picking if you open a door it won't happen!
What this means is if you stuff up locking your car and walk away, it will stop you from being stupid, and lock itself. My Subaru does this in 20 seconds. If you happen to unlock and start jabbering to someone without opening the door, it will think you're dumb and re-lock.

I think that's what you have explained. But if it locks after you've opened a door, then go back to previous post.

tim8069, Jan 18, 5:57am
These lancers along with galants, eternas and the do this commonly. Its almost gauranteed to be a problem in the drivers door, either the lock or central locking motor as above.It the switch that determines when you lock the door with the key, it activates the central locking. When they get faulty they like to lock whenever and wherever. Usually just as you are running back to get your key out because of this very problem :P

m16d, Jan 18, 6:07am
Yer our mitsa does that if its unlocked with remote, but dont do it if unlocked with the key.
Wont do it with the key in ignition,or with a door open.
Scary when ya come outa woollies, unlock car with remote then open the boot with key and while you're putting all the wine and booze in the boot the car locks itself again.

98 Galant jap import.

design4fun4u, Jan 21, 7:04am
driver door actuator faulty probably, quite common

illusion_, Jan 21, 7:10am
Yup

Neighbour's mazda does the same. They dont even bother locking it anymore. Just walk away and in their case about 10 seconds after they have shut the door . "CHIRP CHIRP" . locked

guest, Dec 13, 12:32pm
I work for a roadside assist company and had to break into an 04 lancer today and the owner seems to think the car locked by itself, the key was in the ignition in the accessory position, and spare key was in her hand bag on the front seat. I have no idea how the car ended up locking as the central locking system on a lancer will not operate if the key is in the acc position.