Road user charges on a hilux 2.4 $$ !

-slevin, Jan 21, 8:48am
I have just purchased one of these, the road user charges are due soon, how much would 5,000 km cost! TIA

mrfxit, Jan 21, 8:55am
Here .
https://transact.nzta.govt.nz/transactions/PurchaseRUCLicence/entry.aspx

Put in YOUR rego & licence plus whatever other details they want & it will tell you EXACTLY what you need to know.
You CAN simply back out at the last confirmation page before paying.

OR

Ring them on "Road user charges - 0800 655 644"

mrfxit, Jan 21, 8:56am
Looking at about $200/$220 for 5000
No idea just yet as not due for me for a few weeks

-slevin, Jan 21, 8:57am
Awesome, Thanks for that mrfxit :)

-slevin, Jan 21, 8:58am
Yip, it was $230 for 5k, Cheers.

mrfxit, Jan 21, 9:09am
Yep $187 for my normal 4000kms
Used to be about $162

intrade, Jan 21, 7:56pm
not worth to use a 2,4 hilux on the road for every day use.
it costs loads to register tyres cost a fortune and ruc is a killer not to mention the diesel problems from low sulfur diesel.
My hilux is regod as tractor class11 and wont ever be normally regod again once its rusted apart it will be sold for parts or scrap metal.
hilux have no more space then a ford falcon station wagon.

toycon, Jan 22, 8:38am
intrade, How where you able to reg as tractor class 11

intrade, Jan 22, 4:45pm
you go to post shop and fill in normal rego form on class 01 is a box where you can change the class i am now not 100% sure if tractor is class 11 as i done it a few years ago and i switched once back to 01 passanger for a short time when i had to go further then what tractor license allowes you to drive on road.
You can only realy use the vehicleround your place 7km on public road or something silly. and it needs legaly a wof if it can do more then 40kph but you dont need a wof to rego it as tractor . good for when you dont want to put a vehicle on hold also.

intrade, Jan 19, 5:18pm
also tractor dont pay ruc. the problem is somone sayd you get a rebate form to claim back ruc when you change back from class11-tractor to class 01 passanger---- but when i asked them once they told me sorry dont exist, so i simply disconnect the spedometer when it is regod=licensedas tractor.