Are you about phillip.weston .Mitsubishi

hondalova, Nov 27, 11:34pm
hi, my ex GF owned 1 just like this, had no problems with it, she owned it for over a year (35,000kms) and went well for a 1.5 litre. as usual, has the (mitsy tick) noisy lifters but isnt a major problem. was easy on gas and very comftable on long distances. cant reali fault it. IMO i would own 1 of these myself even though im not a mitsy fan.

hondalova, Nov 27, 11:35pm
yes these have a cambelt. easy job to do.

desmodave, Nov 28, 12:27am
Thanks for that.Only had 1 mitsi myself a old l200 ute , i miss it.Sold it to a friend and its still going good.Not alot of cars to pick from in this neck of the woods.

phillip.weston, Nov 28, 2:08am
Seems a bit pricey for an example I would consider in 'untidy' condition. With those kms and patchey paint I would be looking at paying $2000 max. Be sure to check that it's not a 4WD model as some of the 1.5 MXs are and not even badged as such. The DOHC 4G15 is a good motor and yes the cam belt is easy and cheap to change. I would be a little worried about oil consumption/smoking as the kms get higher, the 4G1x series engines, just like the older Sirius 4G6x and 6G7x V6 engines are prone to rings wearing out prematurely and valve stem seals leaking usually around the 200-250,000kms mark.

Another thing, it could have been perhaps owned by a 'boy racer' before the current owner judging by the aftermarket clear tail lamps fitted.

desmodave, Nov 28, 2:37am
Cheers for the wise words as usual Phill