1989 road code

mbmadman, Nov 30, 5:52am
Im looking for a 1989 nz road code for cars. Anyone know where i can find one as i cant find anything online

jmma, Nov 30, 8:32am
mbmadman wrote:
Im looking for a 1989 nz road code for cars. Anyone know where i can find one as i cant find anything online[/quote

There are new ones out now (o:

mssteptoe, Dec 1, 1:48am
Check out local Library possibly or LTSA or whoever publishes them. They would surely retain back issues.Do you want to just find info or looking to own!

ema1, Dec 1, 9:33am
Why this is 2011 now pal!

mbmadman, Dec 6, 7:46pm
Well i have a mate whos 40 now and im trying to teach him the correct way on indicating at a roundabout. He indicates right first even if he is going straight thru but he said that that was the way he was taught so i wanna find out

smac, Dec 6, 7:52pm
Whether or not he was taught that way may have little to do with whether or not it was in the road code.

I was taught to drive a couple years before that, and was certainly not taught to indicate that way. In fact there was no indicating at round abouts - you just left everyone guessing.

Going by his logic, when they change the give way rule next year he's going to keep thinking he has right of way.guess he'll learn the hard way that things change.

crzyhrse, Dec 6, 9:23pm
If he was taught that then the person teaching him was an idiot. That was a couple of years after I was taught by an instructor and I've always done it correctly.

hopie, Dec 6, 9:34pm
Some driving instructor faild my restricted for 'not' indicating right then left when going straight thru a round about. That and the fact I thought he said don't look at your speedo and drive to the conditions, so I put my foot down, when in actual fact he said look at your speedo your driving to fast for the conditions. lol going past pukekohe race track.

Booked back in, different driving instructor, same round about, I indicated and he was like wtf. dont indicate when going straight ahead. I explained re the last time I sat the test, to which he replied that the other instructor was just a tool and he passed me

smac, Dec 6, 9:49pm
Hmmmm what to believe what to believe.that a testing officer tells you to indicate right.or that the same guy who misinterpreted a speed instruction also misinterpreted a round about instruction.

mbmadman, Dec 7, 5:31am
The funny thing is is that today i saw a cop do the exact same thing!