A Laundry question for you ladies

vmare, Jan 25, 2:21am
My husband put a diff in the back of the ute on my overalls. The old diff oil really stinks, I much prefer cowsh#t on my overalls. Is there anything that can get the smell out, it's been through the wash at least a dozen times now am thinking of chucking them out, but can't really afford new ones.

elect70, Jan 25, 2:27am
There is a stuff called blanket wash but dont know where you get it from

vmare, Jan 25, 2:58am
Just did a bit of a google and found this advice about changing diff oil - LOL

"Also, gear oil is some of the worst smelling stuff on earth. If you get any on your clothes, you will never get the smell off again, so be sure to wear your worst work clothes or just work naked!"

Looks like I'm going to have to biff them or put up with it.

gtxonp, Jan 25, 4:09am
hey try soda crystals available at pak n saves with normal laundry powders aisle use VERY HOT water .
worth a shot

irenew, Jan 25, 6:09am
It smells nice on you sweetie

isaiah38, Jan 25, 6:54am
Try dishwash and hot water, it works for oil on the driveway which I have seen people use acid wash to remove.

wizid, Jan 25, 7:31am
try putting your husband in the wash with the overalls. when his done biff him away. keep the overalls . thay come in handy for milkings

budgel, Jan 25, 9:19am
Try dampening the overalls and then sprinkle baking soda all over the oily parts. Baking soda is a good odour remover.

vmare, Jan 25, 8:20pm
LOL but he comes in handy for too much other stuff. Will try to find some blanket wash, or cheap overalls. Thanks guys.

socram, Jan 25, 9:53pm
LOL.Brought back memories.I remember as a teenager when printing, forever having inky stained hands as even blanket wash wouldn't really get into all the tiny crevices.Good stuff though, but I suppose these days, it is not the sort of stuff you'd want on your skin too often.

Try a cup-full of Simple Green in the wash water.The pine smell might just overpower the gear oil smell.

mk3zephyr, Feb 5, 1:05pm
when i was doing hydraulic repairs i used to get literally covered from head to foot in oil etc on some jobs, best thing i found was the Nappy San you get from Binn Inn, Dilute the nappy-san in a bucket of hot water and then bung your overalls in, the longer you leave them to soak the better (overnight or longer is good), then wash as normal, try some of that smelly fabric softener when you wash as well, repeat if necessary