Judgemental (applying personal values) to cars

Page 1 / 2
bmwnz, Dec 4, 5:55pm
Going by the comments here, we're all rather judgemental when it comes to cars, placing our personal values on others' vehicles. However, that's fine (and fun) as long as no-one takes it for anything other than it is (just an opinion and more than often simply extracting the urine).

For me, the first trigger is the wheels. Tri-spokes of course are a complete aberration, so they're always a given. Some people put wheels on their car which, for MY tastes, simply spoil the look of the car and thus earn my 'lack of appreciation'.

Disregarding marques at present, what are some common triggers for you to roll on the floor and point and laugh at someone else's car!

saffa2, Dec 4, 5:58pm
Yep wheels are a biggie, those goddamn huge oddly shaped chrome things just make me cringe.

unbeatabull, Dec 4, 6:02pm
Extra gauges on the dash/bonnet/wherever else they stick them now, Atmosphere vented blow off valves, a POD filter just hanging off the intake tube (at least go to the effort to make it suck cold air!), Big wheels as mentioned, droney fart cannon exhausts.

trouser, Dec 4, 6:22pm
Anything on a 'gangsta lean'.

Anything in primer.

trogedon, Dec 4, 6:27pm
V8 (10s), SUVs, most stuff that takes away from the intended purpose of the car eg a 'sportscar' with fluffy dice.

paulap, Dec 4, 6:34pm
Bling wheels on a 40+ year old car

supertech1, Dec 4, 6:37pm
simply extracting the urine

blueaeroplane, Dec 4, 7:02pm
Any car, simply any car, with those god-awful "My Family" stickers on the back.

kazbanz, Dec 4, 7:40pm
ANYTHING about the car that in my experience is gonna cause extra problems in the future. OR any thing about that make /model that has caused me financial problems in the past

ringo2, Dec 4, 7:52pm
Basically cars that have been altered, I hesitate to say modified, by owners that consider that they know more about car design than the manufacturers.

saxman99, Dec 4, 7:54pm
Ridiculous, huge, cheap rear wings.

mrfxit, Dec 4, 8:12pm
+ all of the above except #7
Adding.
Monster sound systems cranked up in busy traffic
Monster sound systems in small cars
Bog stock std cars butchered with huge fart cannons & huge wheels with a STD factory engine
Massively (nicely) modded cars with factory std (budget level) engines & exhaust

friendly_prawn, Dec 4, 8:23pm
monsta tachos! enuff said!

friendly_prawn, Dec 4, 8:24pm
And yes I do know enuff is spelt enough thank you very much spelling police. lol

mrfxit, Dec 4, 8:28pm
Air bags & ppl that drive with them down on the ground
Monster intercoolers cut in to the front bumpers/grill & just about touching the ground

mrfxit, Dec 4, 8:39pm
Visualize this EG: 2 door Surf >>>

Air bagged
Huge fart cannon
Huge rear wing
20" wheels
White (total cover)
Monster intercooler
Dash covered in gauges
No bumpers/badges/chrome/ door handles (can't remember the name for that)
Neons (ALL OVER)
Std 2L-T 2.4 diesel or worse 2Y 1800cc
Bonnet scoop
Monster sound system

Your comments please>>>

saxman99, Dec 4, 9:15pm
I think that's "Shaved"!

vtecintegra, Dec 4, 9:22pm
People driving off-road orientated vehicles where they shouldn't be.

Just proper 4wds, crossovers don't annoy me so much

rob_man, Dec 4, 9:29pm
Where shouldn't they be!

vtecintegra, Dec 4, 9:31pm
Exclusively on the road.Its extremely easy to see which ones spend all their time on the tarmac.

phillip.weston, Dec 4, 9:33pm
Wonder if they have made their way to NZ yet.

rob_man, Dec 4, 9:36pm
Hmmm. glad you said exclusively. They don't levitate well enough to travel to off-road locations without being on the road.

vtecintegra, Dec 4, 9:38pm

gj0502, Dec 4, 9:54pm
Extra gauges that aren't necessarily or are dis tastefully placed, huge dislike for tachos when the car came from factory with a perfectly good rev counter. Front mount's on a factory engine which yields no real power gains, awful body kits.

stevexc, Dec 5, 12:03am
I hate huge bodykits on vans
Also utes that have been lowered so much that they can't possibly be used for carrying anything.I guess this is cool now and I'm too old to see it that way.

Have to agree with these already mentioned items:
- "My Family" stickers.OMG get rid of them please
- Big stupid weird chrome wheels