Flash Cars in Queen St - 1970s photo-essay

Page 1 / 5
bongo11, Dec 9, 12:33am
An acquaintance just had these photographs that he took in the '70s when he was a student at art school uploaded to blog.

http://publicaddress.net/capture/flash-cars/

Nostalgia time. lol.

doublek, Dec 9, 12:41am
Great photos - right down memory lane.

trogedon, Dec 9, 1:07am
Very cool photos. Thanks for posting.

rustihammer, Dec 9, 1:14am
Awesome!

sifty, Dec 9, 1:29am
very cool, bet some of those featured would love to show their kids they weren't always boring oldies.

crzyhrse, Dec 9, 1:58am
They'd make a good coffee table book at the right price.

saki, Dec 9, 3:39am
x1
Those were the days, remember them like it was yesterday, white lady good feed to finish off a big night.

rob_man, Dec 9, 3:48am
That 47 sedan behind the 57 Chev in the first pic may have been mine at some stage, it has the factory fog lamps like mine did and it looks the right colour.

monaro_xxx, Dec 9, 4:17am
cool pics! thanks for sharing link

franko171, Dec 9, 7:30am
thanks i remember those days

dr.doolittle, Dec 9, 7:34am
Grey!or Gray!

grangies, Dec 9, 7:49am
Maybe silver!

paull, Dec 9, 7:52am
got any more.

dr.doolittle, Dec 9, 7:53am
LOL, cream!

franc123, Dec 9, 8:17am
Fantastic stuff, really captures the atmosphere well, like random photos always do.It'd be nice to know what became of both the people and the cars.

clark20, Dec 9, 8:19am
I was telling the young guys and girls at work just today how cool it was to cruise Queen Street, my brother had a 58 like that one shown. Type in some number plates and see if they still exist.

vem, Dec 9, 9:24am
these pics are very very cool, wow those were the days huh!

jgig23, Dec 9, 9:27am
fantastic photos, thanks for the link

snoopy221, Dec 9, 9:34am
A world so far removedfrom air bags ECU's transponder keys central locking.petrol at 2 bucks a litre.
Excellent Link

owene, Dec 9, 10:57am
Ah crap where has it all gone wrong! They were great times but now if you 'cruise' like that you get called a paedo or some such. The world has changed.

owene, Dec 9, 11:00am
And EIP Vauxhalls, Mk-I Zephyrs, FJ Holdens, DB Green, Captain Corks.ah they WERE the days.

i-n-horz, Dec 9, 11:42am
100E lumped with'a mk3 6 under the hood,wash'n machine tubs for rear guards and beer crates for seats,get'n air lauch'n from the lights,yeah lucky to have those days.hell the cuffs would be on'ya if ya mentioned such a thing now.lol.actually I remember get'n piss'd off at me mate all the time,he had the steer'n wheel to hold onto.

bongo11, Dec 9, 8:17pm
Photographer Murray Cammick is indeed hoping to create a book and would like to contact any people who are in his photos so some of the drivers' stories can be told. His email address is at the top of the link.
Cheers.

budgel, Dec 9, 8:35pm
What is the car behind the Mark 2 Zephyr outside the 'Corner'!It looks a bit smooth to be an MGB.

owene, Dec 9, 10:10pm
Could it be a Citroen DS19!