Flash Cars in Queen St - 1970s photo-essay

Page 5 / 5
shorty11, Dec 14, 7:15am
aja15.i will have to sit down and watch the whole clip.aint watched it since the prem nite,that was zonks ago.yeah i still see crock,minga and a pile of others.we had some hell days.and nites.musta been good.as we still can remember the cops names.phil davies.he loved us.son of a b.ch.yu will have to get down to drags some time.i usually around.

gunhand, Dec 14, 7:21am
I read about this crash on here ages ago so interesting its brought up agian.
But to answer your question you only need to read the pages here on TM motoring to get an idea. Everytime someone asks about a car the answers always seem to be about how SLOW it accelerates or how few horsepowers it may have and buy the next size up itll go faster or comments like, it wouldnt pull the skin off a rice pudding, gutless POS and so on. And the question generaly had little to do with how fast the car was in the first place. Speed, like sex is what seems to be on most guys minds and seems most important above other considerations. Males, cars and speed just go together, always has always will. Possably harks back to the cave man days of who had the biggest club.
Cool Pics to OP.

roadkillcafe, Dec 15, 3:59am
thats true mate, but 99.999% of males dont go up newton road fast enough to take flight.im not questioning the basic male instinct to outdo others/take risks, im wondering why on that night those people put themselves in a situation which would have felt very much like a hardout super excessively fast crazy roller coaster (but WITHOUT the knowledge that it was only a thrill which didn't carry actual risk).

rob_man, Dec 15, 5:21am
Chances are they had done crazy shit before and got away with it, I know we did. The stars just weren't in the right quarter that night.

kevymtnz, Dec 15, 5:29am
the best one there was the mini in the bk ground the rest were just junk

fordkiwi27, Dec 15, 5:38am
have to do better than that to wind us up

shorty11, Dec 15, 5:50am
we used to drop a v8 in any thing in those days,and if it didnt skid.yu got rid of it.get another.that did the deed.not like these bake bean cans today

rob_man, Dec 15, 6:00am
I think we may know some of the same people Shorty, the names Scott, Keach or Boyle ring any bells!

chevcamaro, Dec 15, 6:14am
finch street ye ha lmfao

shorty11, Dec 15, 6:50am
yep,we all used to hang out.all great guys.still see a fair few in me travels.it was all good fun.we all a bit damn older nowadays.but i still let rip with a skid or two.at least once a week.dont get cancer from smokin tyres///