Possible odometer fraud !

fatman08, Dec 13, 8:21am
Should I be concerned that a vehicle I recently traded is now listed[ with a LMVD] with fewer ks on it, or just move on!

glyn4, Dec 13, 8:23am
Dob them in whatever way you can. They prob do this to heaps of vehicles.It's the nature of the car dealer to tell you as little as possible. You try getting any info out of them in the classified sections here.

vtecnet, Dec 13, 8:30am
Seems odd that they would do that when it will be obvious when checked on the likes of carjam

rob_man, Dec 13, 8:47am
Also a hell of a risk for an LMVD to be taking when the previous owner might see it.

amberjandal, Dec 13, 8:51am
It could be a mistake at the LTSA , give the dealer a call - there is probably an explanation.

fatman08, Dec 13, 9:12am
Will ring tomorrow, found it somewhat strange as I have dealt with this dealer for some 12 years.Last service back in Aug '11 advertised mileage is actual ks travelled at time of service.

usdefault, Dec 13, 9:39am
Digital dash per se!

smac, Dec 13, 7:06pm
So hold on, they're advertising it for sale, and in the ad they show the k's as they were 3-4 months ago.and you call that odo fraud!Sloppy/lazy perhaps, but fraud!! Presumably the k's are correct on the dash.so at worst the ad is a little misleading.how many k's we talking about here!

tgray, Dec 13, 7:10pm
Perhaps you feel bad that they are advertising it for $1000 more than you got for it!

kazbanz, Dec 13, 7:19pm
Fatman--3- months--Just EXACTLYhow many Km are we talking about here! 4000 or so.!in which case its much more likely to be a slipof the finger or a bit of lazyness than fraud.
I will be the first one to put my hand up and admit I've make mistakes with milage when listing cars. -One recent case I had a car listed for a MONTH at 78000km when the car hadactually done 48000km.
So short version-Give them a call and tell them about their mistake-they will thank you for it

kazbanz, Dec 13, 7:20pm
Utter rubbish -do you enjoy spouting such utter lies!