V8.

Page 1 / 7
chris241, Feb 4, 6:06am
I have just bought a 94 ss commodore. I havnt had a v8 for years and years you forget how well they go i love it. Bought it cause i was sick of having a empty garage and have been harping on to the wife for a long time to get something. Well she finaly said YES trouble is i wanted something old and well you just cant buy old holdens cheap anymore so this is why we have ended up with the commodore was a good price and has all the bits allready

bigracket, Feb 4, 6:10am
Well done mate ! prob the best way to just buy it already done, U should pop some pics up one day. Enjoy it.

chris241, Feb 4, 6:20am
thanks m8 i am injoying it i love it. it needs the odd little job doing to it but hey thats part of having something in the garage. on the other hand now i dont realy give a dam about my road bike lol

gunhand, Feb 4, 6:24am
well thats a shame about the bike. A good SS in origonal conditon should be worth having now as older stuff gets to stupid prices.

chris241, Feb 4, 6:28am
yea but the car has big ks on it. And the bike is still very fast for a old bugger i couldnt see myself getting rid of it you know how it is when you get a new toy

scotty20001, Feb 4, 6:28am
good choice, they are very nice cars, but some tool will come on here soon and say you should have brought a Skyline P

1fordluva, Feb 4, 6:32am
Oh no you have given scotty a hardon now lol
Good on you for getting an 8 woohoo

chris241, Feb 4, 6:32am
yea im just waiting for the turbo this turbo that or my rotors gana wast your big heavy tank. But i coudnt care less this is what i wanted so thats what i bought. Its auto would have loved a manaul but these things can be changed

bigracket, Feb 4, 6:34am
Just had a look on here, you can get them pretty dam cheap now hey, Can get alot of car for the money. Dont sell the bike, just put reg on hold.

scotty20001, Feb 4, 6:37am
i cant help it if i get excited about a fine piece of Aussie engineering :P

marcos1, Feb 4, 6:39am
A mate of mine just scored a vr ss, Spanish box , all original, a tad under a hundy clicks and it is mint.

scotty20001, Feb 4, 6:40am
Commodores are pretty straight forward to convert if your that way inclined but i myself would keep it original.

scotty20001, Feb 4, 6:41am
most of them have done at least 2X that mileage good score.

chris241, Feb 4, 6:49am
well wait for it mines doe 315000 clicks but it goes and drives like its done half that

dent, Feb 4, 8:26am
those engines will go forever. Well done mate you definitely wont regret have an 8 in the shed.

clark20, Feb 4, 8:28am
Good on ya, I'm on my first V8 and I love it, no regrets.

whqqsh, Feb 4, 8:49am
promised myself my next everyday car would be an 8 BUT a house deposit & wedding killed that for a while & now the project hot rod is chucking soil in the grave over that idea,,, oh well, the 6 cyl 'coon will do for now (but I do make the rumbling noises in my head lol)

jkm, Feb 4, 9:15am
Joined the V8 club 10 months ago. VT SS with full body kit and Paul Manuell dyno tuned.It has opened a new field of Holden runs and charity events. booked for a track day at manfield 19th Feb,, bring it on.

johnf_456, Feb 4, 10:09am
hardly all aussie, holden "rarely" use their own engines mmchev, nissan, opel, gm anyone!

gilligan2, Feb 4, 10:16am
They were a holden engine up untill the series two Vt commodore which had the gm Chevy ls1 motor. the 5 litre was an Australian built Cast iron Lump.

johnf_456, Feb 4, 10:19am
I know hence edited to say "rarely". Might be Australian built but designed by! We all know they use a lot of other engines rather than their own "most" of the time.

gilligan2, Feb 4, 10:22am
*Notes the time of said edit*

johnf_456, Feb 4, 10:25am
! point been! sorry to say holden does not always use their own engines. Got to love our Australian is a chev engine.(sarcasm)

bigracket, Feb 4, 10:33am
It got a little lion on it mate! ITS A HOLDEN! Go the mighty Holden.

chris_051, Feb 4, 11:17am
253/308/304 is the only true Aussie designed and built V8 engine to come in an Aussie car. And you're saying that using an engine out of the states is a bad thing. Considering the budget Ford and Holden work with and how many cars they sell (bugger all), they still put out a world class product and is only made possible because of this.