V8.

Page 2 / 7
jarrod261, Feb 4, 11:28am
Good on ya dude.Those v8s can put out a tuff sound when done right.
I've always wanted a VP SS,Quite like the shape of that model.

skully13, Feb 4, 12:49pm
The V6is all Holden and the V8 is not technically not a Chevrolet motor.

gilligan2, Feb 4, 12:55pm
the 3.8 v6 is a buick engine.

jarrod261, Feb 4, 2:33pm
wasnt that just the early v6!
Think the ecotech engine is aussie design.Could be wrong though.

johnf_456, Feb 4, 8:01pm
Please state where I said its a bad thing, just making a observation! When they use other peoples engines "often shall I say".

johnf_456, Feb 4, 8:02pm
with changes made, mmmmmm gm

chris241, Feb 4, 9:36pm
Allso this has been a good thread good to see the v8 is still loved by so many. Holden or Ford Chev or whatever as long as they have the right amount of clynders it dont mater

jandah, Feb 4, 9:45pm
Nice SS Chris. I had the VR Calais, same motor, Who cares about petrol prices. I still have a V8 in the shed always ready and willing to go. Holden/Chevy of course!.

gooddealz2, Feb 4, 10:30pm
Enjoy every minute.We've got a VP SS.Coming up to 170,000kms.Used every day.Love the sound but must admit other cars give a nicer ride.Still fun though,slow or fast.

bigracket, Feb 4, 10:44pm
Year John its just harmless banter, Im sure alot of Car makers share bits and pieces. Holdens rock no matter what is in it as long as there is 4 plugs on one side and 4 on the other, that's the right amount of plugs in my opinion.

fordguy17, Feb 5, 1:07am
Good thing about Aussie cars (most of them) is that mods such as trans conversions are reversible. I converted my DC LTD V8 to manual a year and half ago, if i want to return it to stock, all i have to do is bolt the auto back in and plug the auto ECU and auto trans ECU back in. Done.

chris241, Feb 5, 2:33am
put some pics up of ya v8

scotty20001, Feb 5, 3:18am
173,179,186,202,3.3,304,308,3.-
8 (Buick based but built in Australia) current Alloytec V6 is made in port Melbourne shows how much you know.

scotty20001, Feb 5, 3:21am
+1 a V8 Holden or Ford will still shit on pretty much everything on the road.

scotty20001, Feb 5, 3:22am
and how is having a Corvette Engine in your family car remotely a bad thing! what the hell is the point in designing their own V8 when you can source a perfectly good one from the USA!

scotty20001, Feb 5, 3:23am
Buick based yes, but still is one of the most durable engines ever made, how ever Holden Ecotec is Built in Australia for the RWD platform.

gunhand, Feb 5, 3:30am
I owned a 289 mustang for a while, good for burnouts but as far as shit on anything on the road. well your the one with shit on head im sorry so pull it out of your arse. also had several other V8s as well.

chris_051, Feb 5, 3:37am
Pretty sure he is not thinking of an old 289 dunga with hp similar to a Camry when he typed that. Maybe you should go an drive a newer HSV or FPV to see his point!

johnf_456, Feb 5, 4:27am
Hey idiot I never said all which is what you are implying. Please state where,funny how you dont comment on newer holdens engines. Just said they use e a lot of other engines as well. shows how much you know and its funny that some have chev badges.

johnf_456, Feb 5, 4:30am
Nothing wrong with chev I never said bad at all. I love yank stuff, yeah easier to steal someone elses eng. Ps not in a bad way to spell it out. When you could make your own.

chris_051, Feb 5, 4:40am
And how are Holden going to make their own! They haven't turned a profit for years, why do you think they are dragging the VE out for so long! You obviously have no idea about component sharing in the automotive world, it doesn't end with Holden or Ford. Go and find out what the latest Rolls Royces or Minis are powered by.

johnf_456, Feb 5, 4:50am
Dude im not against it read pal. Just made A comment it seems your not allowed to say theyare not all truly oz built. Read!

Which some people think they are!

electro2000, Feb 5, 5:12am
yeah well John the OP said "i cant help it if i get excited about a fine piece of Aussie engineering :P"

every bit of that is Aussie the engine is a good old aussie 304

enjoy your project Chris we have a vs hsv done up and worked (stroker kitcam , tuning etc) some days I want to burn it when we brought it is was running like a sack of sh#t really Ive spend 4 yearsand a fare bit of cash and now I can sit back having a beer thinking it was worth the frustration thing is I can't stop doing things to it will probably never part with it .

petermcg, Feb 5, 5:34am
Its all to do with the timing of the beat that a V8 motor does, no other configuration of engine will make you feel as good as a V8.

electro2000, Feb 5, 5:45am
to true nothing like cruising in an 8you'l never get depressed driving one they always put a smile on your face