Issue after taking car for a service

hydroman08, Feb 8, 7:09pm
Hi all,
Took my car in for a service and a few other bits and pieces yesterday.A few issues were noted on the print out (which i already knew).Drove the car home (3ih Km's) and parked it up over night.Looked this morning and there was a puddle about 15-20cm in diameter under the car (front passenger side).Any idea what it could be!No i didn't use the aircon.

Taking car back to dealer on Friday, but they better not bloody charge me as the leak wasn't there before they had it :)

Rant Over

lyonruge, Feb 8, 7:14pm
Puddle, is it cat pee! could you describe this 'puddle' had it rained! is it green red black brown, oil, water, blood, 30cm patch of blood on a hard surface is about 125mls, so no need to worry on a soft surface like carpet, 250 mils.

hydroman08, Feb 8, 8:01pm
Not raining, and car hadn't been washed (cheap pricks).
It appears to be some sort of hydraulic fluid - its not black so I'm assuming its not oil.
Soaked into my cardboard garage floor - so unsure of volume

ginga4lyfe, Feb 8, 8:06pm
double check all your fluids before you leave, if it happens to be a auto transmission line that is leaking, you dont want that to run dry, same goes with ur engine+cooling system

m16d, Feb 8, 9:30pm
Probably something they havn't washed down.
One of our N***an dealers doesnt wash engines down after a service because "the oil will get into the waterways". He just sends it home to drip on the cobblestone driveway.huh.!

bill-robinson, Feb 8, 9:43pm
I wonder if it is condensed water from the air con radiator! happens to me quite often.

hydroman08, Feb 9, 12:57am
Been to the dealer.Apparently i managed to blow the radiator top (there are lots of leaks now) within driving less than 3kms after the service yesterday.Me thinks they stuffed up.
Need a new top - and possibly radiator.

Should I have to pay for this!
There were no leaks before they had it.

jcwholesale, Feb 9, 1:19am
Should have bought a V8

sue344, Feb 9, 1:41am
yep you own it

therafter1, Feb 9, 2:21am
So how exactly do you suspect that ???they??

hydroman08, Feb 9, 4:59am
From what i can gather - they have told me they drained and refilled the radiator.If they didnt bleed it properly there may have been an air bubble in it which could have caused the radiator to blow when fired up.
Just seems a little coincidental that it happens just after they have had it.

gilligan2, Feb 9, 5:34am
If they didnt bleed the system properly it could crack the tank. however the top tank is such a common fault on those wrxs i would just pay for it to get fixed anyway. atleast youll get the radiator cleaned out and thats another thing they do. block radiators.

gilligan2, Feb 9, 5:44am
Not if the caps old and no longer functions correctly.

electro2000, Mar 29, 2:43pm
count your self lucky Rad tanks go brittle over time , Id be happyitwent where it did other wise nice hot day middle of no where , cast on the side of the road.

A service has just brought a fault that was on the brink of happing to happened probably saved you a bit of coin in the long run could have been more expensive