Opinions on buying a 1992 subaru ace

simeon_, Dec 20, 11:15pm
for my girlfriend.750cc 5 speed

mugenb20b, Dec 20, 11:21pm
1. Old.
2. Death trap.
Good luck.

curlcrown, Dec 20, 11:22pm
I I bought on of those for the Mrs I'd be sleeping on the couch for at least a month, and rightly so.

curlcrown, Dec 20, 11:23pm
But in seroiusness I hope its cheap as chips.

franc123, Dec 20, 11:24pm
Do you value her comfort and safety!I'd look elsewhere if so, they're a bit of a tinny deathtrap those things.Bit of an orphan as well, you are often in deep doodoo if something major like a gearbox or cylinder head needs replacing, quite often useable bits are unobtainable at any price.its the same with the similar Suzuki's and Daihatsus, they aren't that common, have worked hard and whats left on the road is on a slippery slope to the wreckers.Really you are better looking in the 1300-1600cc range if she wants a decent all round car.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 20, 11:25pm
If its the one I think it is you are looking at, going by the pics thats a whole lot of economical tidy little car for very little money. That said, mugen is right they are a death trap, so think that over carefully. Possibly safer then a scooter and if its only doing carefull low speed town use (not sure why you would do anything else in one) it may be the lesser of the two evils if the alternative is a bike.

Not usually a fan of that age of car but in nice condition and for that money its likely O.K.

If you were just has happy to spend 2K my opinion would be different though.

Good luck!