Techs: VE commodore limp mode

74caro, Dec 22, 9:05am
Hi all, I've got a VE SV6 at work in limp mode. I've scanned it and it has come up with a code for throttle angle position sensor. i know these have a problem with throttle bodies, so installed another secondhand one that was on a running car, along with a new pedal assembly, did a relearn with a bosch scan tool and tried it. Only lasted about 30kms before doing it again.has anyone out there in T/M land come across this fault before!

usdefault, Dec 22, 9:16am
Reset the code, reset the computer and see what comes up second time around, if at all.

Quite a number of cars throw codes that do not appear again for a while, but are enough to make you throw money at the diagnostic results when they do not change anything.

I've had crank angle sensor codes on my car a number of times when the crank angle sensor was not the problem at all.

What are the symptoms whilst driving apart from the light.if any!

74caro, Dec 22, 9:33am
x2
Tried doing a reset, comes back almost immediately. Will only run in limp home mode, really flat.

usdefault, Dec 22, 9:37am
So is it a trans problem or motor problem.

Sometimes each can affect the other.

intrade, Dec 22, 7:05pm
naigbours nissan sentra has was not running right and i scanned cam angle sensore with consult nissan cleared the code and it was fine again thats now over ayear ago . was probably moisture or something causing the fault.

intrade, Dec 22, 7:08pm
do a forum search like what else is on the system. like mercedes from 2k are a nightmare where the codes run like a railway all to the same station and when a switch like the button air to used insidecabin or outsidecabin is pressed the thing went in to limp mode .pressed it again and it went like a rocket as if nothing was wrong. I could immagin that GM run a similar complex system.

kdcentralni, Dec 22, 8:12pm
Get it to Holden dealer mate - fairly late model car.

phalanax, Dec 22, 10:12pm
Seems to me that alot of cars have been overloaded with technology that instead of enhancing the vehicle or appliance the technology becomes the ghost in the machine.simplicity has been discarded from design and its got to the stage where even seasoned service persons struggle to rectify what are reported as faults yet these could in fact be software or hardware malfunctions.its technology gone mad.its in washing machines.toaster cars.tvs .and its overkill.rom.ram.chips.shees-
h.

r15, Dec 22, 10:46pm
unfortunately if you want clever vehicles, they require clever electronics to go with them

foxdonut, Dec 22, 11:39pm
x1
I want a mid engine car with 500 horsepower and a CD player.

I don't care about emissions, economy, air bags or digital displays.

All that shit is worthless compared to a sub 12 second quarter mile.

bevharris1938, Dec 23, 12:24am
+1 Amen to that

trade4us2, Dec 23, 9:22pm
I'd like a car I can maintain myself - something simple. I do most of the work on my wonderful Mazda 626 but that's getting real old. My latest car is so complicated that 3 mechanics can't fix it. Some random electrical fault, probably a short in the wiring. The wiring loom is a nightmare.

I'd just like something reliable and safe (but interesting). I don't care about high performance, I've been through that.

vivac, Dec 24, 2:00am
x1
I thought all commodores were permanently in limp mode.

evotime, Dec 24, 3:12am
whats the code!