Pajero GDI High pressure pumps

74gto, Dec 23, 10:46pm
I am aware it is a well known fault on these cars for the high pressure pump to give problems and cause a lacking of power and lurching. I have a friend who wants to go away on holiday but is having this problem with his Pajero and as everything is closed i was wondering if anyone had found any good fixes for this or ways around it! any ideas!

phillip.weston, Dec 23, 11:52pm
a mechanic friend of mine had a customer come in with one, apparently a really tiny fuel filter located at the very back of the engine (close to the firewall) was the culprit.

savanna71, Dec 24, 3:19am
The fault is not the high pressure pump but in fact the low pressure pump

yogibearz, Dec 24, 3:36am
the brushes in the low pressure pump in the tank wear and dust/grit goes up to the bucket filter,the small one phillip weston mentions. This blocks the bucket filter causing low fuel pressure and resultant lack of power.The check engine light will probably be on. I had a couple that had to have both high pressure and low pressure pumps replaced. Very expensive.Remove the bucket filter and try it without it to see if its any better.It is found in the fuel inlet pipe from the fuel line where it bolts into the high pressure pump.

n3d4sp3d, Dec 26, 2:23am
best fix is a long fuse into the petrol tank