Nissan Stagea M35 engine light reset!

mcleanj1, Jan 1, 6:41am
Hey Wizid, what type of car did you do this to, and how!

mcleanj1, Dec 27, 6:44am
Does anyone know how to manually reset the engine light on a 2003 Nissan Stagea VQ25DD M35 Station wagon basically a Skyline, I have blocked off the EGR valve and that alarm is going to come up all the time now, I have heard that it can be done manually, just haven't found the way yet and was hoping some of you learnered people could help, Thanks.

lotus7s3, Dec 27, 8:13pm
turn on ignition wait untill air bag light goes off then IMMEDIATELY turn ignition offwait 5 secs then repeat process 3 times. this will reset the fault memory.

curlcrown, Dec 27, 9:34pm
x1
But the light will come on again. You might have to remove the bulb.

bitchwitattitud, Dec 27, 10:15pm
It would probably be more of a LED that a bulb these days.

lotus7s3, Dec 27, 10:25pm
it will reset the computer it won't fix the undrlying problem

mcleanj1, Dec 28, 6:53am
I have just tried the switching 5 second method, and it doesn't seem to work. I did it a few times!

justcruisin, Dec 29, 1:54am
ign on, jump pins 1 and 8 for 2secs should show codes, twice should erase

gadgit3, Dec 29, 1:59am
Dosn't matter how many times you clear the codes the light will always come on as the ECU is monitoring the EGR flow via the MAP/MAF sensor. so as long as the valve is blocked the light will be on.

granada, Dec 29, 4:42am
Maybe if you unblockoff the EGR valve , the car will turn the turn off the light as it will then sense that all is OK.

wizid, Dec 29, 7:58pm
my skyline v35has the same problem . have been told .i have to put it on the puter to reset the lite.$70 to hook it up to puter.i ve put a peice of black tape over it. out of sight out of mind

mcleanj1, Dec 30, 2:50am
Thanks for the comments, yes I know the light will keep coming on, the reason I'm blocking the EGR valve is to stop oily exhaust gas helping carbon up the phlenim chamber. I want to get my own scan tool, I just haven't worked out the best/cost effective one yet, then hopefully work out a way of deleting the alarm or system for the EGR valve! Nissan say you can't I say never say never. The people I have talked to say the biggest problem with direct injection is the carbon build up, so I'm trying to illiminate that problem.

mcleanj1, Dec 31, 12:38am
any more ideas!

wizid, Dec 31, 3:08am
EGR valve is that the one going to the air intake . if soi have xtended the hose to go down the side of the gaurd. aimed at the road.this has stopped my throtle body sticking and getting glummed up