Nissan stagea. Have been looking at some nissan stagea39s anything major to look out for am i right in thinking they are just a

mustang-man, Dec 31, 9:11pm
I've been in a couple of 25x's (rear wheel drive, non turbo) and they seem to go alright.

I think NEO engines are more fuel efficient too! Or make less emissions or something.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Stagea

00basil00, Dec 27, 7:23am
Have been looking at some Nissan Stagea's, anything major to look out for! Am I right in thinking they are just a skyline wagon! Would it be any good for towing a race car!

horsepower7, Dec 27, 7:39am
yep they are a skyline wagon, reliable motors. go for it

00basil00, Dec 27, 7:41am
Easy enough to convert to manual!

vr4_legnum, Dec 27, 8:08am
Look out for under the mirros for rust. Bring 4wd one, you can buy a full R32 gtr conversion kit for them around $1800. Bait of work to Di them as you need to the brake from being a foot brake. they awesome car. got one myself what is also is a 25x four. it will be awesome tow car. lower it with 18' mags and they handle really good.

00basil00, Dec 27, 8:18am
What are they like on the gas! Is it worth getting a turbo one!

vr4_legnum, Dec 27, 8:43am
Around town they pretty bad. Use around $60-$70 a week driving around town and that around 200kms. Open road they are better. Can do from Taruanga to past the North Shore and back to Tauranga on 3/4 on a tank.

I would go for a turbo cause of the power and torque, the non turbo 4wd ones do feel under power at times. It may cost abit more but wouldn't be hell alot more

stevexc, Dec 27, 8:54am
I had a Laurel with the same engine.Used nearly as much gas as my V8 Fairmont does.I never got better than 8km/litre out of it.

lotus7s3, Dec 27, 8:08pm
I have a 300RX 2001 and use it to tow my BMW e30 race car.This is a fanatastic car, only issus has been worn control arm bushes. replaced them myself for $100.
I recommend the 300 or 350 turbo's can cause more problems. Go for the later model VQ engines.

00basil00, Dec 29, 4:11am
Did they come turbo rwd or was 4wd only for the turbo and any of them manual! They all seem to be auto

00basil00, Dec 29, 4:18am
And whats the neo engine!

the_don_61, Dec 29, 4:40am
yes skyline wagon.
For towing your race car.Buy a Nissan V8 and never look back.they are all rwd. brought anther last month,,,$2500 from a car yard.Try and buy a falcon V8 for that money,. let alone tow a car trailer at 180K +.

I've seen pic's of a real GTR Stagea .RB26 front and back.two RB26det engines.rear is sitting on a transaxle. blummin nips and thier computers.

the_don_61, Dec 29, 4:41am
neo. = late model with plastic engine covers.like a euro car.

vr4_legnum, Dec 29, 7:44am
All turbo one are 4WD. And they will auto but from the ones what got the RB26dett engine are manual. That with serise 1 Stagea

I know with serise 2 Stagea, Some a rwd and turbo and few but rare are manual turbo.

00basil00, Dec 29, 8:56am
Not too keen on having 4wd, will ahve to go and take a couple for a drive and see what they go like

vr4_legnum, Dec 29, 9:31am
If you going to go rwd and non turbo, Try and buy a serise 2 Stagea as they have the better motor. Neo is alot better then the normal rb25's. They got more torque. If you want a rwd turbo one, It just be a waiting game and seeing what come up.