Question!

reet101, Dec 29, 1:32am
Can the passenger in a car lose his license and get fined for $600.00 for his mate speeding! TIA

shorty11, Dec 29, 1:37am
na.wot u been smoking

gadgit3, Dec 29, 1:38am
Theres a new one.

curlcrown, Dec 29, 1:48am
If his mate is a learner and the passenger is the "teacher" then it can happen.

reet101, Dec 29, 1:53am
I don't believe it either but thought I'd check it out, dd boyfriend say's it is so as it happened to him last night.Strange thing is dd doesn't know who the mate was (she wasn't in the car)He is on a restricted license, dont know if the driver was on a learners or not!

gadgit3, Dec 29, 2:01am
Interesting situation that one. And fair enough in that case then I guess.

bitsy_boffin, Dec 29, 2:11am
A *passenger* does not require a licence to be a passenger, so I think there would be a rather hard case to push for loss of licence.

A *supervising driver* does however need a licence.

tonyrockyhorror, Dec 29, 2:22am
There's no $600 infringement fee for speeding. There's only $510 and $630 in that region.

Secondly, there's no provision to issue to a supervisor (the person 'in charge') an infringement offence notice for speeding as the legislation does not specifically allow for this (unlike the offence of causing death or injury for which a person 'in charge' can be prosecuted). Interestingly this is the same for alcohol limits - driver only responsibility.

You've been fed a load of hogwash by your boyfriend who was speeding by more than 40km/h over the speed limit (or 50km/h over a temporarylimit) and got snapped.

tigra, Dec 29, 2:23am
Or he's said something stupid to the cops.

reet101, Dec 29, 2:30am
Not my boyfriend as I'm single.My teenage daughters boyfriend, he's a dick and I wish my daughter would realise it!Just wish I knew which one was telling the lies!

reet101, Dec 29, 2:31am
He was clocked at 145km!I'm presuming in a 100km zone!

tonyrockyhorror, Dec 29, 2:34am
Same difference. I knew there was a woman being told pork pies somewhere in there!

tonyrockyhorror, Dec 29, 2:36am
Must have been. Otherwise he wouldn't have been only issued an infringement offence notice and earned a roadside 28-day licence suspension - he'd have a court appointment and the 28-day walk then quite possibly 6 months more walking at the conclusion of that.

tonyrockyhorror, Dec 29, 2:39am
I take back the 50km/h bit - he wouldn't have got an ION for that - he'd be off to court with a 28-day roadside licence suspension.

reet101, Dec 29, 5:47am
I hate being lied too :(Bloody kids!

reet101, Dec 29, 11:14am
Well I put my foot down, told dd's boyfriend to pack his bags as I've had enough of being used, lied to etc so now he's packed up but taken my dd with him :(

ferrit47, Dec 30, 3:09am
Hey Reet you cant hide from me here !