Renault Scenic 2007 carjam valuation

shorebee, Feb 15, 11:30pm
I am about to list my 2007 renault scenic hatch/wagon ( a big megane). its nz new and was 43k new and has done only 46k,s, carjam says its worth 24-25500k but i dont see it by comparing online. i think mid high teens is closer, any thoughts on whether i shoudl list or get a dealer to sell on behalf or try nz new cars.

thejazzpianoma, Feb 15, 11:33pm
Definitely start by listing on here. Use the "expired listings" search on here to get a good idea of what they actually sell for and list for a little bit more.

Best of luck.

shorebee, Feb 15, 11:35pm
cheers, i see 2005 import models go for 13-17k so mine should be comparible but unsure if it will command a premium. great car and so economical.

thejazzpianoma, Feb 15, 11:42pm
The thing is, you can always reduce your price but you can't go the other way. Start a bit higher than those that have actually sold. Have a look at what the asking price is on other listings (not the sold price this time) and use that as a guide for a listing price.

I find listing competitively but not going too cheap works well. Make sure your photos are really good and the car is all groomed, polished and immaculate looking.

phillip.weston, Feb 15, 11:46pm
hey Shaun, what's the time frame you are working with here!

shorebee, Feb 16, 12:36am
NO rush at all, do you want a crack at it!

phillip.weston, Apr 24, 2:42am
Sure, have replied back to your e-mail.