Holden v6 supercharged

Page 6 / 6
zak410, Aug 9, 2:04am

johnf_456, Aug 9, 8:57am
Correct, not everyone is into the fastest thing on 4 wheels. For some its just getting from a to b.

3tomany, Aug 9, 8:58am
so you dont just hate jappas but any commy but youres

ninja_man, Aug 9, 8:59am
ssshhhh dont wake the troll up

foxdonut, Aug 9, 9:00am
And yet this is a five page thread going on about a 7 seconds to 100 slug vs another 7 seconds to 100 slug and there's a big fight going on about which is better and faster!

gunhand, Aug 9, 9:16am
Gee 5 pages, not bad.well i wont get into any debate but i had what i thought was the pleasure of working onVESS last week, Needed bonnet and two doors and skirt painted. well you get to drive and mask and clean it etc etc in the process. God what a dissapointment it was. Rubbish and cheap parts everywhere. Felt like it had plenty of omph tho. And hate to think what it would be like in another 10 years asumming they are supose to last that long. Oh and it left a nice we black puddle every morning on the concrete.
Nice to sit in and good features tho.
And the same days we had a FPV GTP as a direct comparison, seemed slighty better car but shame it was a bloody awfull manual.

johnf_456, Aug 9, 9:22am
Yup ridiculous ain't it, its very important to some on how others perceive there car that is limited to the laws of the road at the end of the day.

vina6, Nov 4, 7:06pm
I'm off to look at a 3.8 VY Calais today. My understanding is that this model calais came with either a ecotec (L36) engine or a supercharged ecotec (L67) engine. How can I tell which engine is in the car when I look at it! The supercharged engine @ 229 hp seems to get no better fuel economy than a V8, but the standard 204 hp seems to be more reasonable on fuel. Any advice would be appreciated.

thunderbolt, Nov 4, 7:21pm
I guess the L67 will be the one with the supercharger on it. Maybe even a badge that hints at extra performance that is barely there when compared to the standard model.

ema1, Nov 5, 10:55am
Stands to reason that a choked up air filter isn't going to allow a good airflow no matter whether the engine is carby type or fuel injected.
If it is blocked it's going to need a lot more throttle movement thus more fuel to attain the performance with having a new air filter in there, that's the first thing I'd be looking at !
Pretty much what the poster here mantagsi said really.
Not rocket science really.

lugee, Nov 5, 11:22am
Not my car but here's a stock engine CRX that looks faster http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=Zsfi0B2jpm8

icemans1, Nov 5, 2:50pm
now that i've owned a commodore, i'll never own a rice burner again. my dad weighs 24 stone and it's easy for him to get in and out of my car with the seat right back (he has to squeeze himself in a jappa). the commodore is great for cruising up to the bay of islands (from auckland). when towing, i sometimes forget it's behind me.
what's the point of having a fast car and getting pinged all the time for speeding!

mugenb20b, Nov 5, 8:01pm
Holy $hit, that's a quick car.

jimane, Dec 29, 10:03pm
Okay so what you want to do! Get a new MAF sensor or clean it!, new plugs and leads, reset ECU, New airfilter, take Plenum cover off and cleaninside and throttle body, but i say the main problem in the MAF sensor

buyme3, Dec 30, 7:37am
poos

jasongroves, Dec 30, 8:56am
My 1987 Corolla did flat 7s 0-100.whooooooo!