Looking at buying a late model RV/SUV

Page 1 / 2
chrissy4, Jan 1, 9:11am
any suggestions being petrol or diesel looked at toyota ravs 4 door now confused at so many differnt models and also running costs

fordcrzy, Jan 1, 9:15am
WHY do you need an RV/SUV! what will it be used for! town or country!towing!

chrissy4, Jan 1, 9:22am
live in the country 15min drive to work this winter had alot of snow and would be more suitable to tow with

fordcrzy, Jan 1, 9:26am
budget!

chrissy4, Jan 1, 9:29am
up to $30k any recommendations

vtecintegra, Jan 1, 9:57am
A Rav4 isn't suitable for towing anything substantial with and will not deal with snow any better than an AWD car (like a Caldina)

trogedon, Jan 1, 5:28pm
Mountain bikes are really good in snow.

mugenb20b, Jan 1, 6:38pm
Late model Suzuki Vitara, petrol.

mugenb20b, Jan 1, 6:43pm
Yes, but are they good for towing! And, if it takes 15 minutes to drive a car to work, it will take a couple of hours on a bike. Not to mention the lack of safety, and punctures.

longnite, Jan 1, 9:34pm
A RAV is totally useless as a 4x4 i wouldn't use one with any confidence they are all time 4 wheel drive is all not even a real 4x4

pico42, Jan 1, 11:45pm
Buy some chains to deal with snow. I just saved you several thousand dollars.

scotty20001, Jan 2, 12:18am
that would be the nicest of the bunch, very nice trucks those.

scotty20001, Jan 2, 12:18am
nice cars, but the DSG box isnt designed to tow.

scotty20001, Jan 2, 12:20am
god i hope no idiot suggests a cr-v then!

vtecintegra, Jan 2, 12:20am
Are you kidding!

90s Mercedes quality wasn't the best anyway and I certainly wouldn't touch the designed for and made in the USA M class.

scotty20001, Jan 2, 12:24am
well why has a family friends one done well over 300,000 with out troubble! the 5cyl diesel is a bullet proof engine and is fantastic on fuel, and those trucks drive very well. just because its not made in Japan doesn't mean to say its no good, and now they represent a lot of car for the money.

vtecintegra, Jan 2, 12:29am
Based on a sample size of one.

The Territory is worth a look but remember they're hilariously thirsty.

mugenb20b, Jan 2, 12:29am
They rust in the firewall and sills.

scotty20001, Jan 2, 12:30am
and countless other Merc commercial vehicles around the world with the same engine.

mugenb20b, Jan 2, 12:30am
I'd rather spend thousands of dollars on a 4WD vehicle than muck about fiting chains for the rest of my life.

scotty20001, Jan 2, 12:34am
fordcrzy is also right the Santa Fe Elite with the 2.2L diesel is a good truck, heaps of power too and well specified if you do lots of driving don't bother with a fabric interior its a waste of time go leather you wont regret it.

msigg, Jan 2, 12:41am
Just go to the dealer and drive a few of the ones you like the look of. I think some people just like seeing their name up here.

mugenb20b, Jan 2, 12:42am
Would you be one of those people!

vtecintegra, Jan 2, 12:43am
Yeah because the engine is the only thing that could possibly go wrong.

elect70, Jan 2, 1:27am
Discos arecheapfull chassis towplenty ,low range trans, not exactly economicalbut thats the price you pay .