Page 1 / 2
sd8888, Feb 17, 10:32pm
what are your views are they any good!

gilligan2, Feb 17, 10:53pm
Which branch!

sd8888, Feb 17, 10:58pm
Riccarton

gilligan2, Feb 17, 11:15pm
Theyre good. What kind of car do you have! I used to work there so can give you an idea of pricing

bigracket, Feb 17, 11:29pm
Blue!

rod525, Feb 17, 11:39pm
Wouldn't be the first time.

fox.vanilla, Feb 17, 11:40pm
Oilchangers is a lube place and performs oil and filter changes in 9 minutes or less. Similar to Midas or Pitstop I guess.

gilligan2, Feb 17, 11:46pm
they dont do mechanical repairs except for at the riccarton branch. but they do more than oil an filters.

gilligan2, Feb 17, 11:49pm
theyre different to midas and pitstop in the sense that they show you things that need looked at and let you decide . ie if an air filters dirty and needs replaced they bring you the old one and a new one to compare and let you decide. unlike other places that just carry out work without asking.

skin1235, Feb 18, 12:41am
a recent franchise, all set to score the quick buck, all about haste and pay now which appeals to many until they have problems further down the track - expensive problems

gilligan2, Feb 18, 12:57am
You dont know what yo are talking about. 95% of the cars that come in to oil changers take longer than 9 minutes. it states on the website that 9 mins or less is for a standard oil and filter on a small car. When i worked there the main goal was customer satisfaction not getting cars out quickly. we took our time to ensure that the vehicle and client left and would not return for any faults that we caused and as a result 99% of people came back again for their next service and refered us to friends and family. infact oil changers does the servicing for budget avis and hertz rental cars in christ church. so they cant be that bad.

shortee2, Feb 18, 1:26am
Best to do it yourself, then you know its done properly.i do my own.

gilligan2, Feb 18, 2:59am
The sign actually says "from 9 MINUTES OR LESS!"

Lol

lugee, Feb 18, 3:11am
"From"
So they're only saying it *might* be 9 minutes or less. It could take 4 hours and that sign is still true.

sd8888, Feb 18, 3:19am
i took my mazda lantis in they did a full service and engine flush cost me $114.90

gilligan2, Feb 18, 3:34am
Exactly so its abit of a gimmick really but it gets people thru the doors. No one really expects there car to be done in 9 minutes anyway. So you are happy with how your car is running after the service!

clickityclick, Feb 18, 3:38am
I've used the Tauranga branch half a dozen times. No dramas. Good price. I hate leaving the car at a garage out of my sight for a day.

saki, Feb 18, 3:44am
Bloody conveniant no waiting all DAY for the garage to tell you your cars finished, I get a discount for sending the misses and her car there.

sd8888, Feb 18, 3:54am
yeah it's running better then ever and if it helps my petrol last longer. I'm down with that lol

casper35, Feb 18, 8:15am
Awesome place have had my car serviced several times there beats this $150/180oilchangers that a lot of places charge.

40wav, Feb 18, 8:22am
She must be bloody hot!.

40wav, Feb 18, 8:23am
Or drives a 12 litre V16!

40wav, Feb 18, 8:24am
Just checked your profile. it appears its not the first one. (just joshin mate.)

clark20, Feb 18, 8:04pm
I'm am still in awe of people who think an oil change is a full service.

franc123, Feb 18, 9:24pm
Yeah me too lol.Its always amusing when every third car on average that gets pushed or towed into the shop has an oilchangers sticker on the back, they're the best thing to happen to the repair trade in years.We like fixing the consequences of broken drive belts, broken cam belts, brakes worn to the metal, tyres that wore out early because they weren't rotated and/or had alignment issues that weren't picked up, busted radiator hoses/tanks that were cracking and a whole heap of other cooling system issues, all of this of course in the name of saving money and time by half (or should that be quarter!) arsed "servicing" and not checking the car properly.You get what you pay for.