Oil changers. What are your views are they any good

Page 2 / 2
vpholdie, Feb 18, 9:38pm
I have to agree with last to posters I see it all the time people don't know the difference between doing a oil and filter and doing a full service.

saki, Feb 18, 10:30pm
only when shes in the kitchen or mowing the lawn in summer

saki, Feb 18, 10:31pm
better looking one of the two

saki, Feb 19, 2:05am
Now shes HOT HOT HOT cause shes stacking 2 chord of firewood, SWEATY

taipan4, Feb 19, 5:55am
and why would'nt you not hard unscrew filter screw on new one undo sump bung drain oil etc not rocket science .what dooil changers charge anywayfor their 9 min ripoff

mercbens, Feb 19, 6:13am
I got a price of $350 to do an oil and filter change from my local agents on my motorhome (4.2 litre diesel) and a three day delayed appointment.
Drove down the street and saw Oil Changers, called in and they did it straight away for about $175.*Free coffee while you wait*
I was very happy with their service

gunhand, Feb 19, 6:21am
No not rocket science but not ALL filters are in a nice easy location with plenty of room around them to move. and some people may not have all the gear(or place) neededor really find itnesassary to do there own. Car ownership dosnt mean enthusiast.
and what about the elderly or single females (im sure some do and can) or the disabled.
So you see there is a place for this kind of service.

electro2000, Feb 19, 6:29am
Bloody good place all our work vehicles are done therenever had anissuse $120 for our diesels that includs oil filter , check over , grease etcworks well drive in wait 20 mins drive out I might even take me own vehicles there instead of doing it my selftop place

doriandarby, Feb 19, 6:34am
I also use the tauranga branch for every oil change on my car.They are very good, will definitely use them in the future.

saki, Feb 19, 7:53am
Palmerston north branch very good, because my forester is old and high KM I choose to use mineral oil, costs me $75 the under side of the engine is washed and I dont have to dispose of the filter or oil.

utwo, Feb 20, 5:56am
I've thought about using them before, but the only thing stopping me is whether I trust a $6 no name oil filter (as a previous poster mentioned). Also, a cunning ploy they use is the sticker they put on the windscreen says the next oil change is due in 5,000km. What modern petrol engine needs 5,000km oil changes, even if you do mainly stop/start driving! On the other hand, maybe the $6 oil filters only last 5,000km.

shuddupowh, May 7, 6:41pm
hah. I'd rather just do oil changers myself. I also do mums and my sistersand my partners whenever they require it. Filter from Ripco or SCA and some good Oil & 1hrs work vs $150-$200 for some business to do it which I can do just as good. And same time, I can check all fluids etc. When the Ks are high (and no labels etc) then you go to a workshop for new belts etc. F--ked if I'll do that.