When learning to drive

gooddealz2, Feb 20, 12:40pm
is your licence graded according to wether you've learnt in a manual or an automatic!Have to start teaching the kids soon and have half an eye out for a smaller car if I can sell the Mercedes.Somebody told me you can learn in an automatic and then drive a manual.Didn't seem right to me.I thought if you learnt in an manual you could drive either but not the other way around.May have just been something discussed at some time and never actioned by government.Interested to hear.Thanks.

icemans1, Feb 20, 1:09pm
i would say if you learn in a manual, you can drive either

speedwayfan1, Feb 20, 1:32pm
It is the other way around. If you get your restricted in an automatic you're only allowed to drive an auto (I think once you have your full you can drive both!)

However if you get your restricted in a manual, you're able to drive both from the start.

jsbike, Feb 20, 8:52pm
correct, If you get your restricted in an automatic you're only allowed to drive an auto, you can then sit your full in an outo and if you pass you can lawfully drive an auto or a manual

gooddealz2, Feb 20, 11:15pm
Thanks for your help guys.Clears it up for me.

elect70, May 10, 7:11pm
Watched that program on Prime about the learners , 1 sheila been at it for 13 years ! still cant pass