Where do I look for my oil & filter

Page 2 / 2
jasongroves, Feb 21, 1:08am

aadunn77, Feb 21, 1:11am
Thanks mate, I appreciate that :) I wasn't specifically asking what oil & filter my car used, but where to go online, to find out for myself

aadunn77, Feb 21, 1:11am
cheers for ya time guys

aadunn77, Feb 21, 1:14am
thanks Jason :)

rpvr, Feb 21, 3:57am
http://www.castrol.com/castrol/faq.do!categoryId=8294024&contentId=6500026 Try that for oil, once you have the grade (i.e 15w40) needed for your car you can buy it in any make.
Filters, try www.ryco.co.nz

I don't know what the previous grumpy posters were on about.the purpose of this board is to be helpful, if you don't want to be, why bother posting, go and do something useful instead.

jasongroves, Feb 21, 4:13am
So.you are just posting stuff that has already been posted in the way of links and information!
I reckon that the majority of this thread and its contributions have been very helpful.
Also, you are saying, once you know the viscosity of the oil required, the API/SCEA ratings don't matter! Just any old oil with the right grade is fine!

1fordluva, Feb 21, 6:25am
Oh stuff it,I give you some advice.penzoil 60w black,for the ultimate oil change.

rpvr, Feb 21, 6:29am
Sorry, I guess I was annoyed by stupid comments like#37 above, which have been becoming more and more frequent on this forum of late. As far as oil goes, unless your car is something special, you will be ok with a reasonable quality oil of the right grade, say SJ, SL or better. There are many SM rated oils at on special from time to time which are fine for the average family or commuting car. After all this is someone who wants to do their own oil and filter change; if they didn't do it, they would take it somewhere and pay for it to be done. And what kind of oil would be put into their car! Most people wouldn't even ask.

bigracket, Feb 21, 6:37am
All true, but a one oil fits all philosophy is not really the best in my opinion, my lifters would rattle like hell without thin oil.

bigracket, Feb 21, 6:39am
Good on the op for giving it a go herself, im all for that.

1fordluva, Feb 21, 7:41am
dont agree with your posts all the time biker ,however I do this time.
Bearings and journals are in part designed to work best with a certain oil wieght and viscosity.so the whats best for my unknown make and model of invisible car is anyones guess.

rpvr, Feb 21, 8:00am
That's ok, but you know your own car. Incidentally, is the oil you use the same as recommended by the manufacturer! I'm picking it's not.

welshdude, Feb 21, 8:03am
Is soya bean oil ok! That would save being dependent on all that Middle-East nonsense!

toycon, Feb 21, 10:51am
partsnet.co.nz

peter148, Feb 21, 10:56am
Go to the library and see if there is a Haynes manual for your car.It will have all the information you need to service anything you want.

ginga4lyfe, Feb 21, 6:29pm
nah, get some EPX90 or SAE 90 oil for your engine! then ull never need to change ur oil again! :P

1fordluva, May 13, 12:04am
At least it would never smoke or use oil ha ha ha