Where do I look for my oil & filter

Page 1 / 2
aadunn77, Feb 21, 12:29am
type for my car please!! Cheers

bigracket, Feb 21, 12:31am
OH COME ON !

bigracket, Feb 21, 12:33am
Just go into repco with the number plate number.

bigracket, Feb 21, 12:35am
Tip number one:Make
Tip number two:Model
Tip number Three; Year

aadunn77, Feb 21, 12:37am
can i not look online myself! My local repco are idiots. I'm going to a basic (ladies) mechanics course and want to take my own oil & filter so I can just do it myself.

aadunn77, Feb 21, 12:40am
cheers, thats all pretty obvious to me, just thought i could use my make, model and year to search MYSELF online.nothing you are aware of it seems

gunhand, Feb 21, 12:40am
Thats a loaded question.Is it, where do I find it in the car or where dobuy it.
If asking where do you find the oil filter in your car, well yes sometimes they hide lol.But really it isnt that hard to source them. TV Newspapers sides of buildings all advertise these thing as does most garages and service stations(oil only at most service stations tho) and so on.

jasongroves, Feb 21, 12:41am
You can, and I just posted the relevant sites above.then removed them when you decided to be a smartarse:)
Have a great day:)

bigracket, Feb 21, 12:42am
Ok, thats great. the first thing you need to know is the above information. Honestly just take the car to repco and get them to take a look. If you look under the bonnet on the back wall there will be a tag with chassis number on it copy the numbers off that, then they will be able to id what you want.

aadunn77, Feb 21, 12:43am
I got it actually Jason, thanks for being helpful

bigracket, Feb 21, 12:43am
Agreed over and out.

aadunn77, Feb 21, 12:45am
cheers racket, I just assumed I could do that from home on a particular site myself, save myself the trip.

jasongroves, Feb 21, 12:45am
Welcome.
Manners will get you everywhere;) Lol

aadunn77, Feb 21, 12:47am
it was never directed at you anyway jason, it was racket who I felt was being extremely patronizing first off

jasongroves, Feb 21, 12:48am
You can find out what you need from home, but you will still need to make a trip to buy the items.
Find out what type of oil you need online, then shop around for the best deal.
All automotive parts stores will have a book with oil filter information so that you can get the correct one.

gunhand, Feb 21, 12:48am
Tell us what sort of car you have, many of us have that info. I got a filter book in the garage.

jasongroves, Feb 21, 12:50am
If you would like to know the specific oil recommendations for your vehicle, post the info here and I will reply with the correct specs.

jasongroves, Feb 21, 12:51am
If the filter info isn't on the Ryco NZ site, try the Ryco Oz site as they can vary due to different models being available in each country.

jasongroves, Feb 21, 12:53am
So.its suitable for every car ever made! Amazing!

aadunn77, Feb 21, 12:57am
cheers for all that! odyssey 2001, Vtec

aadunn77, Feb 21, 12:59am
yeah exactly, i like to ship about for best price.!

jasongroves, Feb 21, 1:00am

gunhand, Feb 21, 1:00am
Dam near is lol, even diesel if you want.
Although some new cars and utes demand specefic oils for warrentys and there engines.

bigracket, Feb 21, 1:02am
Sorry that you felt patronized. Really its a bit like asking "what size dress do I buy for a female!" with out make model and year. I did not realize you were female at first my apologies.

jasongroves, Feb 21, 1:04am
API ratings are still the most common we see in NZ, though ILSAC & ACEA are becoming far more common place.