Jazz - 03 Passat 2.0

pat56, Feb 22, 9:17pm
Would this be the sohc engine which is perhaps under powered!

thejazzpianoma, Feb 22, 10:14pm
Hi Pat,
I don't know much about the 2.0 version. From memory the 2.0 Passats of that vintage did the 0-100 in about 12 seconds so not exactly blistering.

For someone knocking around town and used to a van or low budget hatch they are probably O.K.

Myself I don't really see the point when there are the more powerful engine options, hence my not really having any experience with them.

Might not hurt to give it a test drive and see what you think. vagcentral may be able to give you some more useful advice on this one also.

As for which motor it has. to be honest I am not sure! Its a bit early to be FSI and I think the output is just under 100kw so would likely be the single cam as opposed to the 2.0 Twin cam as used in the MK3 Golf GTI. Not really sure though.

If it is the Single cam as we suspect you might not really get much of an economy advantage if you are running this as an around town hack. Again though, that is speculation based on the assumption it is the basic 2.0 as used in the standard Golf etc of the time.