What cause brake pads to wear unevenly!

hairchopper1, Jan 7, 1:36am
Just had the wheel off my 1993 Nissan ute to find out why it was squeaking sometimes. Found that the inside brake pad has worn unevenly cause the warning tab to start scratching. The outside pad is normal and there is still plenty of wear left on it.

richard198, Jan 7, 1:37am
Seized piston. (outside)

candy1213, Jan 7, 1:39am
slides siezed, in caliper,
or driving resting foot on the brake pedal a bit

hairchopper1, Jan 7, 1:40am
Can you explain a little more! There is only the one main piston on the inside of the brake shoe. Is that the only probable cause and if so how would I remedy it!

carmedic, Jan 7, 1:56am
+1

Edited to fix quote

richard198, Jan 7, 2:01am
If there is only one piston then the slider is seized as above.
Dismantle and lube slide.

hairchopper1, Jan 7, 2:09am
sweet thanks

ceebee2, Jan 7, 3:16am
+ another 1

opuarobo, Jan 7, 3:32am
Is it you front or rear pads! If it's the front - I was wondering if you had noticed the car pulling to the side under heavy breaking.This would normally be an indicator of a faulty pad/caliper.

opuarobo, Jan 7, 3:36am
Forget my last comment. already diagnosed above.

kazbanz, Jan 7, 3:49am
hairchoppper--once stripped cleaned up and lubed I'd strongly suggest making sure it now slides in and out smoothly. I recently had one vehicle with a slightly bent slide

techmen, Jan 7, 10:15am
do the slide pins on both front calipers,ensure rubber sleeves are intact,or get a couple of kits.I would flush the brake fluid through also.replace all the pads.check the rotor faces,especially the side that has wear,have seen this also from rotors that have a pad go to metal previously and not been machined.If you aren't confident to do this and get it 100% right,pay the money for a garage to do it.it's a wild ride in the wet when the' picks' are uneven!

the-lada-dude, Jan 7, 8:35pm
what are we talking about here karbanz

kazbanz, Jan 7, 8:48pm
two "pins' for the non piston side to slide on.caliper must have taken a knock because one pin was bent about 1.5mm -just enough to cause binding -in fairness it was a ford courier -I checked everything else and still binding.one new pin later and all good as gold again

tonyrockyhorror, Jan 7, 9:17pm
*Woooooosh*

carmedic, Jan 7, 10:14pm
He's got stuff on his mind!

kazbanz, Jan 7, 11:14pm
ok I'm running on zero sleep but still -Have I explained it badly!