BNT brake pads

morrisman1, Apr 25, 4:47am
Does anyone know if BNT's inhouse brake pads are any good for a daily runner! It's not a performance vehicle but I like to have lots of stopping power. Would likely replace all 4 rotors at the same time

dent, Apr 25, 4:51am
didnt know bnt made there own brake pads. Sorry I either use bendix which are from bnt or Lucas from repco.

johnf_456, Apr 25, 4:56am
The morris and sentra have rotas on all four wheels! Dont you mean drums on the rear.

morrisman1, Apr 25, 5:04am
discs on the rear of the sentra, I suspect they arent factory as its the only one ive seen with them which isnt a SSS

jason18, Apr 25, 7:07am
I have found bendix ok on valiant I have been told ferodo (sp) is the one!

xs1100, Apr 25, 7:12am
lucas are the ones through repco.minimal dust and good stopping

falcon15, Apr 25, 8:14am
x1
I am a mechanic and my work uses mostly bnt branded brake pads ( called c plus). We have found they very good they come with new backing plates already fitted and the always fit nicly into the calipers unlike most other cheap pads. We havnt had any complants from customers about them in the 9+ months we have been using them

xacoon, Apr 25, 9:56am
I am getting this smell of gorse. gorse in pockets maybe!

cuda.340, Apr 25, 10:05am
which pads are the softest! i'm wanting valiant pads that wear quickly & stop good.

snoopy221, Apr 25, 10:11am
My advice- grade 2 is basiacly a tad above std weetbix-ferodo grade2 is lucas grade3bnt! prob grade2/3!
DS11 is temp rated to stop a coon from 200 clicks at the tenth stop back to back and is easy on discs but needs warming up-pads are what ya get BRAKES are what ya NEED to WORK when you HAVE to HIT them HARD and then you pay for them to DELIVER AT HIGH TEMPERATURE
To me when i say STOP i don't want price arguments

zephyrheaven, Apr 25, 8:34pm
Ive been fitting Cplus (bnt branded!) pads for a year and a bit now - zero complaints , same cant be said for Bendix - they changed formula a few years ago and as bob has said - weetbix lathered on with superglue would be a better compound!! How the mighty have fallen.Ferodo are the dustiest pads on earth, wouldnt put em on a ride on lawnmower myself.

morrisman1, Apr 25, 9:48pm
you are the first to mention price.

morrisman1, Apr 25, 9:49pm
Thanks fullas, good to know they arent rubbish

zephyrheaven, Apr 25, 9:50pm
Benix are nearly 3 times the price of Cplus - personally I wouldnt fit another set of Bendix anything (the 4x4 pads are insanely dear & useless - stick to manufacturers pads for 4x4, the ultimate range is overpriced and made of poo, dont get me started on heavy duty - dust, fast wearing, rotor killing crud)

johnf_456, Apr 25, 10:31pm
Cplus (bnt) are actually dam good pads I use and recommend them. They go mighty well for the money, which makes them easier on the pocket and bendix use to be good but they are crap now.

savanna71, Apr 25, 10:43pm
if you want real quality buy akebono

candy1213, Apr 26, 1:40pm
don 4 star are soft like butter ,go for ferodo gp from repco, good pad,get 20,00ks to 30000,ks on them used them on taxi;s and they worked well
,lucas pads are last long life ,but loads of vlack carbon, and glaze the rotors too
,drive you nuts at the high pitched noise from them!

unbeatabull, Dec 15, 5:47am
We use normally Bendix pads at work. We found Ferodo pads to wear unevenly and chew through rotors quite badly, and unevenly too, resulting in brake shudder. Though in Falcons and Territorys, brake shudder is a pretty common thing regardless of whats fitted to the brakes lol