Tail lights and dash lights dont work

jizy1, Feb 24, 5:34am
On my 91 corolla, keeps blowing the fuse, everything else in the car is mint except the tail lights and dash lights, I figure it is shorting somewhere possobily or a connection under the dash plastics, and help considered. my brother is a electrician but he cant look at it until monday and if it is a easy fix thatd be mint

also the number plate lights

cheers

fordluva, Feb 24, 5:47am
have you had a new stereo installed recently!

johnf_456, Feb 24, 6:26am
I bet you have put a new stereo in and wired it to the illumination circuit for the old headeck. This appears as a earth when its off but soon as you turn the lights on it will soon become live resulting in an instant fuse blow.

jizy1, Feb 24, 6:38am
had put in a new headeck, no has been wired up all good was doing this before i put the stereo in, and i unplugged it all and took it out the other week do double check. ( as was going to sell car) havent re wired it yet, but sure it isnt to do with the stereo and is shorting out somewhere so needa get a multimeter or just wait till mon, cheers

jono2912, Feb 24, 6:47am
$20 at warehouse. Will be okay for the job at hand.

fordluva, Feb 24, 6:48am
have a look for the black wire to the stereo from the cars loom (the illumination wire for the original stereo), if the stereo is disconnected chances are this will be earthing out, locate the wire make sure it is not connected to anything and insulate it so it cannot short out, replace your fuse and try your lights again.

jizy1, Feb 24, 6:49am
cheers for that^

jmma, May 22, 9:06am
Make sure all your tail/brake light bulbs are double filiment, not been replaced with a single filiment one