Trouble with tail-lights - help?

mattyandhiscar, Jan 25, 4:55am
I have a p10 primera (1990) , and whenever I turn the headlights switch on the right indicator stalk to off, the tail-lights remain on and that horrible noise that sounds when you have left your lights on sounds out. I have just been removing the fuse that then turns the tail-lights off so that I don't drain my battery, but does anyone know what the issue could be or any ideas to fix this! Thanks :b

henderson_guy, Jan 25, 4:57am
A short somewhere, most probably. Finding it could be the fun part

mattyandhiscar, Jan 25, 4:58am
As in somewhere under the bonnet or within the wiring to the tail-lights! :/

henderson_guy, Jan 25, 4:59am
I would personally be inclined to start from the tail lights and work my way back. I'm sure an auto-sparkie will be along soon to point you in a better direction than i can

mattyandhiscar, Jan 25, 5:03am
Okay sweet as thankyou I shall take it into our local tomorrow if I can't suss it :)

pup2, Jan 25, 6:13am
Poss switch contacts. Pull the light switch plug to see if it drops the power supply to the tail lights. If it does, fault before the plug. If not, picking up power from another circuit (poss rub through on the wire loom). Haven't had anything fitted/work done lately.stereo maybe!

clark20, Jan 25, 9:53am
Or a tow bar and wiring fitted!

granada, Jan 25, 12:22pm
Trailer plug fault or single contact bulb jammed into a double contact bulb holder,, what was the last thing you had done to the car.could be a good place to start.